Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Sorry! We cannot join you to Premium for Family since you have subscribed to Spotify Premium" issue

"Sorry! We cannot join you to Premium for Family since you have subscribed to Spotify Premium" issue

Hi all,

My brother signed up to a Premium for Family account. I have recieved his invitation email containing both an invite code and the 'Accept Invitation' button. I have accepted the invitation many times by both clicking on the Accept Invitation button and entering the code in the 'Redeem' page in Account, but I am continously directed to the same page, with the following message: "Sorry! We cannot join you to Premium for Family since you have subscribed to Spotify Premium from another store (e.g. iTunes or your mobile operator). Find out more below.".

I am currently not suscribed to any other account other than the standard Free account, and I also previously had an iTunes Music account on my phone, which I have then since cancelled, so I do not know what the issue is anymore.

Please help. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 12.55.40 AM.png
10 Replies

Hey there!

Welcome aboard the Spotify Community, and thanks for providing that screenshot for us 🙂

Can you try accepting the invitation in a different web browser, or within an incognito window? That should do the trick 🙂

If you're still having trouble, feel free to reply and let us know 😉

Thanks!

Hi, when I sign for the family account, I forgot the details that I key in for my address, I did not key in the right info.

Hey danieljohnmackl !

Thanks for letting me know about this.

At the moment, it's not possible to change the complete address that you have entered when you initially set up the Premium for Family plan.

Not to worry though, as long as you have filled in the correct ZIP/Postal code, you can invite new sub accounts without any issues 🙂

Hope this helps. Get back to me if you have any other questions.

Enjoy the music!

HI,

I pmed you the details.

Sincerely,

Daniel

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your reply. I have been using Chrome on my MacBook to accept the invitation, although I have currently tried using a different web brower (Safari) as you advised. I am still unable to accept the invitation. This time on Safari, I have copied and pasted the invite code, but this message is now appearing: "Unfortunately this Premium code does not seem to be valid. Try again or contact customer service.".

My brother (the account holder) has also readded me to the subsription list and has sent a new link for me to open, but that too has not worked.

Thanks

Hi again @wakimheat

Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

Can you get in touch with our Accounts team here for me?

Please also include your brother's Spotify username/e-mail address in your message and the team will be happy to investigate this a little further for you 🙂

Thanks!

Was this resolved?  If so how?  I am having the same issue. I tried the incognito window, different browser, etc. and nothing has worked.

"Hi all,

My brother signed up to a Premium for Family account. I have recieved his invitation email containing both an invite code and the 'Accept Invitation' button. I have accepted the invitation many times by both clicking on the Accept Invitation button and entering the code in the 'Redeem' page in Account, but I am continously directed to the same page, with the following message: "Sorry! We cannot join you to Premium for Family since you have subscribed to Spotify Premium from another store (e.g. iTunes or your mobile operator). Find out more below.".

I am currently not suscribed to any other account other than the standard Free account, and I also previously had an iTunes Music account on my phone, which I have then since cancelled, so I do not know what the issue is anymore.

Please help. Thank you."

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 12.13.22 PM.png

Turned out to be my fault. I had forgotten about my Spotify account I made via facebook a few months ago, which used my email address.

Try log in through facebook and try accept the invitation.

hi can u help me with my problem plsss

i cant join my sister spotify family

Sorry! We cannot join you to Premium for Family since you have subscribed to Spotify Premium from another store (e.g. iTunes or your mobile operator). Find out more below.

i recently change my country to u.s from ph and my country code is small letter u.s

i cant join her link to family premium 

ps: my account is never been subscribe to premium spotify

i have problem

Suggested posts