Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

0 Friends on Spotify

Solved!

0 Friends on Spotify

Hi,

I'm logged into Spotify using my Facebook account, but when I go to follow friends, it says "There are no more friends to show at this time" or "0 friends on Spotify/None of your Facebook friends are on Spotify."

I know a lot of my friends are on Spotify, but none of them show up (and have never shown up the entire time I've had the account).  This happens on all platforms, ios, mac desktop, and web player.

I have tried signing in and out, reinstalling Spotify desktop version, changing the settings for the app on Facebook, etc.  but nothing has worked.  I have searched the help forums, but have found no solution.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, while trying to fix this, I noticed that in my Account Overview, my birthday (supplied from Facebook) is completely wrong (but zip code is correct, and my name/profile picture show up fine).  Could there have been an error linking my Facebook account?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 4.01.28 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Maybe your friends didn't connect Spotify with Facebook and they use email for logging in.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Marked as solution

Maybe your friends didn't connect Spotify with Facebook and they use email for logging in.

I have the same problem but this solution isn't really helpful. How can I get connected with my fb-friends anyway?

@ThePonti wrote:

Same problem here. 
I have found that the Facebook pin to access to your friend list is unchecked, and moreover unavailable.
Basically, you just need to check it, but without seeing it, it's impossible...

https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=10204982770222262

See this link, for more information;

This did not solve my problem , There must be another solution !

I've tested this, one of my friends was sitting right next to me on Spotify (iPhone) showing she had all of her fb friends linked but not me! 

go to 
https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications

look for Spotify. Maybe your fb permission to spotify has expired. Click "modify" then "renew".

this fixed the issue for me

checking this thread because have had issues with syncing spotify and discord,  For me i see the message in your question ie  "you have 0 friends on spotify ,  but i know that's wrong because on the discord app, it clearly shows them  using spotify and even which song they are playing..

However my own spotify status won't show in discord and i have tried almost everything which has been suggested ,  eve reinstalling both apps.....but nothing works

This was my solution. thank you for putting the link that made it easy for me to renew my facebook app and I could see all my friends on spotify after that

Hello, Dear Spotify!

Recently, my friends have ceased to be displayed in the desktop version of the application

But I am still subscribed to them and I am displayed on them

I subscribed to them through a browser, not using Facebook All this worked for 3-4 years, maybe you can help me?

My acc - *[Snip] Moderator Edit*
Снимок экрана 2021-12-21 в 17.03.45.png
Снимок экрана 2021-12-21 в 17.04.47.png

Hey @Saimon_ruds,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

By default, the settings which control the sharing of Listening activity are now set to off, so your friends will need to enable them manually (if not done so in the past) as well if they want to share their listening activity. This could mean that you might not see some of your friends in the feed, until they do so.

To enable this go to Settings>Turn on Share my listening activity on Spotify

image (1).png

Hope this sheds some light on the matter. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

and that's the actual solution! Thank you 🙂

I have about 6 friends that show in the Friend Activity column, I used to have so many more. But when I go to connect my Facebook account to see more friends I get the message "You have 0 friends on Spotify" even though I can still see like 6 or 7... doesn't make much sense.

Hi @jakedunc,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Just to confirm, do your friends have the option "Share my listening activity on Spotify" toggled on? 

You and they can check this in the app by heading to Settings > Social > Share my listening activity on Spotify. 

If you/they don't have this option enabled, the activity won't be displayed for each other. 

Lastly, we suggest checking the app permissions to prevent any conflicts. You can check this link (from your Spotify account) and this other link to make sure Spotify has permissions enabled on your Facebook account. 

We'll be here in case you need anything else.

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

I have over 600 friends on Facebook and most of them have Spotify, so very unlikely. But also as I said, I can see 10+ friends on my list, but when I tap the + button and link Facebook I get the "0 friends" message. So must be a bit of a bug here?

Hey @jakedunc,

Thanks for your reply.

We can confirm that this depends on the privacy permissions set on Facebook. Overall, Spotify just tries to pull Facebook accounts that you're friends with, who also have data on Spotify (which means that it depends on your and their settings).

We hope this clarifies things up.

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

this one is help!!!!

goof solution. they need to pint his one

this fixed it for me

Suggested posts