Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

(1) Cannot login to premium account; and (2) being charged twice per month - HELP!

(1) Cannot login to premium account; and (2) being charged twice per month - HELP!

Today I bought a new phone and have tried to login back into my old premium account on it .  I have two serious problems.

- (1) I cannot locate my premium account.

- (2) I have just noticed on my online banking that I am being charged twice each month for premium. I set up premium about 6 - 8 months ago which means I have been charged up to £80 in error, which is incredibly concerning.  At the same time I set up premium for myself I did also accidentally set it up on my girlfriend's phone but I immediately cancelled the subscription so I have no idea why I have still been charged. 

The most frustrating thing is that I cannot remember any of my own login details (obviously you only register and login once so it's very easy to forget login details when this happens). This is baffling because I only have one email address which I use but when I try to login via that email address it is registered to a different account altogether - a non-premium (free) account where the playlists pre-date when I upgraded.  

I have tried logging in via Facebook to see whether I perhaps registered for Premium through that but it is saying I have no account connected. 

I would like to cancel all my subscriptions immediately but I can't even locate the premium accounts I'm being charged for!  According to my online banking the next payment will come out on 12 January. Please can somebody urgently help. 

Jamie

2 Replies

Hi @thisisanoutrag2!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Let's try to figure this out. Can you follow these steps for us?

• Check your subscription page. Your status should be Premium.
  • If you're on Premium, try signing out and back into the app.
  • If it says Free, check the receipt we send to your email inbox. Make sure you're signing in with the username on that receipt. If the username on your receipt is a 10 digit number, please sign in with your Facebook login details.

Don't hesitate to drop us a message if you need extra help.

Have a great day 🙂 

I am being charged for 2 spotify accounts on my american express, I do not have any information about these accounts - I just keep getting charged every month, I tried to cancel thru American Express but it was onl temporary.  Please help me cancel these!

Suggested posts