Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2 Facebook ID's for one e-mail address

2 Facebook ID's for one e-mail address

Hi forum! 🙂

I have an issue with my Spotify account. Let me describe it as well as possible!

Situation:

I've been using my Facebook login as a Spotify account for a while now.

Recently I received another account from a colleague for development purposes (we create Spotify apps, hooray :)) because we we're trying to link a non-Facebook account with Facebook so that the non-Facebook account would receive a Facebook ID in Spotify (the 9 digit ID). We need that 9 digit ID for development purposes.

The problem:

This is what I did:

1. I logged in on Spotify.com with the non-Facebook account, so with a regular e-mail login.

I went to the profile page. I clicked the link "manually activate Facebook". Because I hoped that would give that Facebook ID with 9 digits. I received a confirmation message that friends were imported.

2. I checked the profile page again and saw that the account didn't create a Facebook ID. So, linking my facebook account to that account was pointless. So, then I unlinked Facebook for that account via the Spotify client (via the settings).

3. After doing that I wanted to login again, with my Facebook account, so with my original account I use for personal listening.

But when I login with my Facebook account, all my playlists and starred tracks were gone.

4. I logged in on Spotify.com with my Facebook account, checked my profile page and discovered that suddenly I had another Facebook ID.

5. So now I have two different Facebook ID's on a single email address, but he only recognizes the new ID when logging in.

6. Every time I login in the Spotify client with my Facebook account, he uses the new Facebook ID and not the original, which results that all my playlists and starred tracks are gone, because the Spotify client thinks this is an entirely different/new account.

7. So I can't login with my original Facebook account, so I lost everything.

Please help me... I don't know how to fix this issue. I just want my old Facebook account back so I can continue my wonderful Spotify journey 🙂

Thank you!

Regards

Koen

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed ! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like when you merged your two accounts, then split them the original got lost in the system. It should be easily fixed, but you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form since they are the best ones to do some account hunting for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts