Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2 accounts sharing one device ?

Solved!

2 accounts sharing one device ?

Plan

Free

Country uk

Device

Lenovo tablet

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue. 

Does the app allow  2  Spotify (free ) account holders  to share the same device to  consecutively listen to music on their own individual account, i.e  can account logins  be switched ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Berniberni,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Two Spotify users can consecutively listen to music on one device; however, it would be necessary for the first Spotify user listening on the device to be logged out of their account there (following these steps) before the second user would be able to log in on that device with their account.

Also, there's currently a Live Idea that you may be interested in, which would make it possible to quickly switch between saved accounts on the same device. If it's something that you’re interested in, I'd recommend adding your +VOTE to the idea (even though its current status is "Not Right Now"). The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

You can also Subscribe to the idea by clicking the three dots next to its title; that way, you'll be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @Berniberni,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Two Spotify users can consecutively listen to music on one device; however, it would be necessary for the first Spotify user listening on the device to be logged out of their account there (following these steps) before the second user would be able to log in on that device with their account.

Also, there's currently a Live Idea that you may be interested in, which would make it possible to quickly switch between saved accounts on the same device. If it's something that you’re interested in, I'd recommend adding your +VOTE to the idea (even though its current status is "Not Right Now"). The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

You can also Subscribe to the idea by clicking the three dots next to its title; that way, you'll be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts