Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2 different user names appear on the same email

Solved!

2 different user names appear on the same email

My Question or Issue

I made an original account with just my email and found it to be unnecessary since I already had an account linked with Facebook. I went ahead and supposedly deleted this just email account. So I made a brand new "main" account because I deleted my old one that was connected to Facebook and deleted because you know, Facebook.

So my problem is that now on my email I have two accounts / two different usernames: I login with my email and password on the desktop app and at first it shows me my  me my "main" account (the one with an avatar) and another song playing, it's not until I exit the app and reopen it and now it shows me first original name (no avatar) and a different song playing.

Can somebody please help or at least explain why this happens

UPDATE: This only seems to happen on my Desktop:

I recently logged in using my "main" account on my laptop and exited the app and reopened it and no problem.

Account1.jpgAccount2.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @GTovar!

Please check out you account page online and click "Sign Out Everywhere".

After you've done this please use this guide on finding accounts to find all accounts linked to you or your e-maill adress.

Once you know which account you want to use, cancel all others.

Waiting on your update 😃

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @GTovar!

Please check out you account page online and click "Sign Out Everywhere".

After you've done this please use this guide on finding accounts to find all accounts linked to you or your e-maill adress.

Once you know which account you want to use, cancel all others.

Waiting on your update 😃

Wow such help you gave me! @OneByBoo

Spotify had me worried that I might have had to delete my account.
I logged out on my Desktop because I had remebered that I created that old account on it, probably something went wrong with remebering credencials. But yes your comments did help thanks alot.
As of now the issue is fixed.

🙂

Glad i could be an assist for you!
Enjoy Spotify=)

Suggested posts