Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2018 Wrapped Showing artist I've never heard of or listened to as top artist

2018 Wrapped Showing artist I've never heard of or listened to as top artist

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Chrome Browser on laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

It says i spent 34 hours listening to an artist i've never heard of or listened to not sure if someone got into my account or something or if its something on spotify's end.

Capture.PNG
who is this.PNG
10 Replies

Found a playlist on my account with one song and the playlist and song were both in french. Does Spotify have two factor authentication? i can't seem to find it if they do.

Yep, same for me. My account was hacked a few months ago, and while the problem was solved, it apparently wasn't solved quickly enough to prevent the garbage they listened to from ruining all my end-of-year stuff. Disappointing -- I was really looking forward to this. My recommendations have been iffy since then, so it looks like at this point I may simply have to delete my account and start over again.

i have exactly the same problem, my account got hacked recently and 3  of my top 5 are artists ive never heard of, some of my top 5 songs too. Support chat lady told me she cant do anything and suggested i write to "suggestions/ideas" board (i dont know what it has to do with my problem tho). I hope there will be a solution to this soon, i was really looking forward to Wrapped this year.  

Snímek obrazovky 2018-12-06 v 19.21.01.png

I didn’t realize my account had been hacked until I checked my 2018 Wrapped and saw Kelly Clarkson as my first played song in 2018 - followed by my top artist which was garbage I’ve never heard of. Does anyone know how these hackers access my account? Do I need to change my Facebook password as well as my Spotify password? Is there any way to set up 2-step authentication? Also is Spotify answering anyone regarding wrapped playlists for hacked accounts?

My top artist, is something I don't recognize at all in a category I never really listen to....

I don't believe my account is compromised... Is there a way to view the play time and IP/pc name that's supposedly playing my account?

I have the same problem, most of the songs are from artists that I actually listened to but there are a few that I've never listened to. 

Yeah their system for this is really bad i dont know when or if they are going to fix it but its kinda stupid. Theres not much you can do about it.

Is it possible you've been hacked? That's my best guess, though it could be just a glitch. Also, on the artist thing take a look if said person is one of many artist that are on a track you like? Probably doesn't help but it's a possibility!

For safety's sake I'd definitely change you password!

Hi,

Spotify database has been hacked, they keep telling everywhere their database is safe... here is a link of 100 accounts with username and password.

My account was hacked last week, i've send severall emails to the website but no one is answering. Can you spotify workers stop saying nothing is wrong and actually do some work to secure your database. 

Rgds,
Marc

< Community Rock Star edit 

removed suspicious link >

Hi @marcslade!

I replied to your post here. Feel free to let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts