Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2FA for new logins from unrecognized devices or account changes and also upgrade Spotify security

2FA for new logins from unrecognized devices or account changes and also upgrade Spotify security

1. Spotify should consider implementing 2FA for logins and account changes.

2. A log of the IP address for Account or Play access should be kept and be available to the user to see where the logins came from.

My account was recently hacked and changed from a Premium to Family account. I did not notice the change until it was reflected in the bill. Others then added themselves as member of "my family" and started streaming music. Again, there was no notification nor was I able to track the IPs of the additional accounts.

The only excuse for security that Spotify has is "Log Out of Everywhere". This is not acceptable in this day and age. Please consider implementing the suggestions above. If those had been in place, I would have been notified and also the account changes could not happen as it would have required the 2FA password.

1 Reply

Hey @veloblur, thanks for writing!

We appreciate your feedback on this. Although a 2-factor authentication is posted on our Ideas board, we're afraid it's not being considered at the moment. You can find more info on this here.

In regards to receiving an IP log of the devices used on your account, we'd recommend submitting this as an Idea on the Community here. This way, our users could see it and vote for it. The more votes it gets, the higher chance there is to be taken a look into by the right team.

On the other hand, we’re sorry to hear that you've experienced this with your Spotify account. In this case, we'd like to suggest checking out this link for info on how to proceed on a situation like this.

We hope this helps. Have an amazing day.

Suggested posts