Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2nd November - Not getting Premium? Read here!

Solved!

2nd November - Not getting Premium? Read here!

Hello all,

Thanks for reading. 

As of around 1730 UTC on the 2nd November, some users informed us that they aren't receiving the Premium service. We're aware of some server outage at the moment which is causing this issue. Our systems are redistributing the load at the moment, but it's sadly a little too early for an ETA at the moment. 

In the meantime, the first thing to try is logging out and back into your account a couple of times. This generally can forcefully refresh the subscription onto your account. If not, then just hang tight for a moment - We're on the case. 

Airhorn Enthusiast
38 Replies

I am still down on the mobil side but desktop and artist search is working for the time.  Have a two hour drive in rush hour traffic ahead of me.  all work and no music make homer go something something...  

"...go crazy? Don't mind if I do" I'd reboot the device to be sure. If you have done it already, then it could be something else.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Marked as solution

Hey guys 🙂

Spotify Status has tweeted:

"The problems from earlier should now be solved, please tweet @spotifycares if you're still having problems and our support team will help!" 

Therefore I'm guessing all of these issues should now be resolved. 

If its still not working for anyone, trying logging out and back in again. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Oh this is just silly...
I just came home from work and sat down by my computer for the first time today. I checked spotify on my laptop...free account, I checked my iphone, same there although I upgraded earlier today. I am glad I didn't throw away my premium-code because I tried to upgrade again but this on my laptop... and it worked! Spotify is back on! Shame on spotify for almost giving me a heartattack 😃

Thanks for the tip.  Restarted phone and all is good.  Time to hit the road!

I'm all good again thanks for the fix guys.

I have been a premium member since May and unfortunately did the update on my iPhone yesterday.

Since then I have deleted the app and downloaded it again since I have an iPhone 4S and did not notice that the update is only for iOS 5. I can still login but my playlists are different and I cannot stream them from my iphone - no premium access for some reason. 

I tried logging in and out with Facebook, the username, etc. but nothing helped.  

What else can I do? My sister can still see my original playlists but I cannot!

Thank you, 

Nadine

Hi lafayette93 - I believe you had a duplicate on our system and your playlists are hiding there. 

Not to fret, we can certainly help. We'll just need you to get in touch via contact form so we can keep investigating. 

Hi David, 

I've been trying to upgrade to premium, but i keep getting a notification of having to register a credit card of some sort. Sadly i don't own one, however i just accredited my account with 30 euros, and i would like to switch my account to premium. I hope you can help me.

Cheers, 

Jes

Hi Jes - It seems you just redeemed a gift card for 6 months Unlimited. Were you looking to get the Premium subscription?

If so please fill out our contact form. Of course if you were looking to just have Unlimited on your desktop app then you're good to go until May. 

scarlet_begonia (New Poster) 3:35 PM

Add Comment Kudo 0

I just purchased the premium subscription for my mobile, I've had the Facebook version for about a year, and the app is still saying I'm not a premium member. I tried logging out, also tried force closing the app, even restarted my phone. On top of all that I un-installed and re-downloaded the app again. Still when I go back into app and re-login it says I need to purchase premium subscription. Please help!!

Hi,

My Premium subscription is not available for me on my Macbook, however I can  use my iPhone app (ios4). Tried to log in and out but same problem. And my payment information is not available on the account page. LAst payment was done in Oct 16th, so should be valid still.

Any advice?

Many thanks,

Julia

I paid for premium..have receipt confirming the transaction but for some reason doesnt let me use premium version...shows like I dont have premium account..funny thing is I payed for it...SOMEONE HELP ME PLS...ITS A BAD EXPERIENCE FOR ME...BEING A NEW CUSTOMER.....

Hey fellow frustrated Spotify users. I also was having issues with the iOS Spotify App not recognizing my subscrition. I eventually ended up resolving the issue by doing these steps:

1) Logged out of Facebook in Safari.
2) Logged out of the Facebook App.
3) Deleted the Facebook account association in the iOS 6 System Preferences.
4) Logged out of the Spotify App.

Here's where it was a bit of a gray area. After the previous steps, I
re-opened Spotify, selected Facebook login, and it logged me in
without prompting me for a password. Why? I dunno. Maybe the password
was cached?

Either way, I was then recognized as being a premium subscriber.

This message should find its way to some devs to help sort out this
situation for other users.

Thanks and good luck!

Thank you for posting this solution 🙂

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter, lets not call it a solution just yet.  anyone wasnt to give my "solution" a go a confirm it wasnt just dumb luck & coincidence?

I paid for premium..have receipt confirming the transaction but for some reason doesn´t let me use premium version...How about the money allredy paid for premium and not let me use it?? Way do you take the money and just look the other way? If you don't fix this very soon I wait for you to give my money back.

I really want to get your feedback on this now.

and I can't listen to anything on my mobile, becouse it says that I don´t have premium, but I have paid for it. 
Is this a kind of joke or what???? 

Hi guys,

When you upgrade, it should update your Spotify pretty instantly, with you only needing to log out and in again. If your Spotify is taking a while to update, please contact our payments team here.

This thread was for a specific outage that happened a couple of weeks ago. As this has since been sorted, I'm going to lock it. If you do experience any trouble, as I mentioned, just contact our payments team. 

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts