Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

3,333 Offline Song Limit

Solved!

3,333 Offline Song Limit

I have a few question regarding the 3,333 offline synced song limit.  I did not find definite answers (or multiple conflicting answers) when reviewing the boards, but I apologize if I just missed it or did not understand it.

1)  Example: One song on say two playlists that are both "offline":  Does this count as one or two songs toward the 3,333 count?

2)  Example: One playlist with say one song on it synced on three different mobile devices with offline sync:  Does this count as one or three songs toward the 3,333 count?  Is the 3,333 count TOTAL for all devices with offline sync or 3,333 PER device with offline sync?

I understand that any one playlist can only be offline synced to a total of three devices at one time.  Thanks for any clarification and input.

74 Replies

Yes, I am a subscriber to spotify, but this 3,333 songs limit is making me go through other avenues to download songs. Right now I only use Spotify for music discovery instead of using it as my own music library that I can hit up and play anytime I want.

I painstakingly replaced hundreds of Spotify tracks by local files, only to discover that the 3,333 track limit does include local files. The warning didn't go away. Spotify counts all files, be it local or not. Doesn't make any sense to me. If there limit is related to licensing, local files shouldn't count. It would be nice to confirm this, but I'm not sure anyone at Spotify is reading this at all.

Mark me down as another extremely unsatisifed customer. I just switched from google play music to Spotify solely because of how much easier downloading all music to my device for offline listening is, being that you can just select to download all songs. I have about a 5000 song library, I want to be able to cache all to my device as I frequently listen to music in the wilderness away from power or signal sources, and I like a wide variety of music. 

Let's lift this restriction please. 

Well, I gave up, back to google play music. 

When you have playlists that are based on genre or mood, that's when this limit becomes a hassel. Not that people will listen to 9 days worth of music in one sitting, it's that it's nice to have your mood playlists on hand when needed. So dividing the limit between devices doesn't help or broaden the limit in that sense. It would make more sense to have that limit per playlist, if at all. I've managed to exceed that limit in ONE playlist alone. This limit being lifted or changed as mentioned would make illigal downloading much less tempting, just saying.

Hi,

I am trying to create an offline library on my android phone. There is plenty of storage space. But the Spotify song count just isn't accurate. It gives me a maximum download message after only about twenty albums - a few hundred songs. If I toggle them out of download (Available Offline), the download limit message still shows. What is going on? How can I solve it? 

EXACTLY I DON’T KNOW WHY 3,333 is the limit???? I’m paying for your service and I have a bunch of storage (256gb) so let me download as many songs offline as I want. And if sever cost is a problem, make a new tier way we pay a bit more but have unlimited offline downloads or at least a 9,999 on one device instead of 9,999 over 3 devices as I’m not trying to carry 3 phones to listen to different music 

After only one month of Spotify, I'm leaving, no point in collecting music if there is a silly limit, if I know before committing to paying service I'd have gone with Tidal as it's a far superior service. I'm outer here

Used Spotify for 2 years now, but the limit has been annoying me more and more. Tired of having to use up cellular data for streaming, or having to look carefully what I have downloaded and what I didn't in order to save data. Tidal is the new solution for me. No download limit, and using Soundiiz it was very easy to transfer the playlists and library. Still coming back to Spotify if they ever raise their limit. After all it is a great service and a great user friendly interface, but this was really drawing me away.

Please check out the post I wrote about Tidal here...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Get-rid-of-the-3-333-offline-song-limit/idi-p/70621/page...

Please respond by post here, or you can send me a PM. Maybe they have fixed these two issues.

Last night I hit the 3,333 song wall.  I had no idea there was such a limit and this is a total deal breaker for me.  I've been a paying customer since 2012, currently subscribing to the Premium for Family.  I would hate to leave but again this is a deal breaker for me. Are there any plans to change this pointless limit or should I just start moving my playlists to Google or Apple?

Go to the app store from where you have downloaded Spotify and give them 1 star.

Go to the app store from where you have downloaded Spotify and give them 1 star.

People, please send an email to any music streaming review site you've seen to clearly indicate this unrealistic limitation. People have the right to know this hidden rule before they subscribe and pay to Spotify.

I've already moved to Google Music and its music suggestion AI is definitely superior. No regrets. 

I'm already contacting some music streaming review sites to indicate this hidden rule of Spotify.

Spotify shall learn its lesson or perish. 

We protest this and ask that it be taken away because it is extremely distressing that they are limiting our songs in this way.

https://www.singlesrc.com/

Suggested posts