Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

3 for 1 month premium - HUGE SCAM

3 for 1 month premium - HUGE SCAM

As you can see for yourself, it states in big letter on the home page that if you get a month of Spotify premium, you'll get 3 month instead as a deal and this has caused me and a lot of other to buy this offer but what it doesn't mention, is that if you had premium before, or even a FREE TRIAL you are NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE OFFER. This is NOT mentioned on the page, nor is there a link to the ToU on the main page nor does a link occur anywhere in the paying process. This has lead me to buy Spotify premium and now I'm very disappointed and will not only un-subscribe, but discourage others from buying Spotify too. 

This is the email I've gotten from support: 

"Hallo xx,

Danke für deine Nachricht.

Dieses Angebot ist nur auf Konten, die nie Premium benutzt haben, erhältlich.

Du hast auf diesem Konto am 2013-03-20 09:41 das 30 Tage probe Abo erstellt. Deshalb ist es leider nicht möglich dieses Angebot zu nutzen.

Wenn du noch mehr Fragen hast, kannst du dich jederzeit wieder melden.

Beste Grüße,

Gvido"

Which means that I've used the free trial hence not eligible for the offer and there's nothing they can do. I don't even understand how a FREE OFFER can cross me out for another offer.

Here's my reply: 

"Thank you for nothing, especially the part that it doesn't mention that if I used a FREE TRIAL I weren't eligible for the offer. This is a blatant scam and quite frankly, false advertisement. I will cancel my Spotify account and move to other options, such as Deezer.

Regards."

This is a deceitful scam and false advertisement and unshamed rip-off. I definitely will never think about using Spotify a second time.
16 Replies

@LittleDawg I'm sorry you feel this way. I can assure you, it's not a scam. As you have used the 30 day free Premium trial already, you are no longer eligible for future Premium trials.

I've just run through the process with an old account (that I used to have a trial on), and I had this pop up at the top of the page:

Screen Shot 2013-12-31 at 15.49.55.png

Did this not appear at all?

There are no 3-for-1 Terms of Use appearing, because you're signing up for a Premium subscription.

I'm sorry if there was any confusion. We do try and make it clear if you're not eligible. I'll pass the feedback onto the right team.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I've not seen this notice. What page did you get this notification on? It looks like you are trying to get the free trial again, I suppose?

No, I tried to sign up for the 3-for-1 offer from the Spotify homepage. I logged in, and that was at the top of the page.

Is it not visible at all with you?
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Nope, as mentioned I literally clicked the connect to facebook button, it logged me in and took me straight to confirmation page where it stated the price and the next click it was over. I don't recall seeing anything that would prevent me from buying it.

Ok, I'm sorry if it wasn't clear enough. This message was on the payment page for me too.

Again, I can assure you, there will have been a message telling you. I'll pass the feedback onto the right team, as we would hate for any more confusion.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I'm having the same problem only worse I guess. I "took" the offer. Put in all the details and let me through without showing me any message about not beeing eligable for the offer. I also got charged on my credit card, and it didn't even upgrade the account.

EDIT: I also got a confimation e-mail stating it should have been upgraded to premium

Hope you’re enjoying your 3-for-1 Spotify Premium Trial!  Here’s your receipt.

blablabla

Are you logging in using the username shown on the receipt?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It's only showing a user ID with numbers and my e-mail adress. I was logged into my regular account upon paying for the sub, so it should be the correct account.

If the user ID is all numbers that normally points to a Facebook created account, are you logging in via Facebook?

Peter

I never attached my spotify account to my facebook account, so it can't be that neither.

Oh, actually. It prioritized my facebook account over me logging into my regulard spotify account. So now I have a subscribtion on both my facebook account and my spotify account...... ty for the help.

Its worth a shot, sometimes it appears the website logs you in automatically. 

If you got to: https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Can you a) log in using Facebook? and if so b) is that account on Premium? 

Peter

If you'd prefer it on the other one, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they should be able to swap it over for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Actually, I logged into the facebook one and it said premium but then it logged back over to the normal one. And now when I try to log into the facebook one I get straight into the normal one which is not premium. GG

It sounds like the accounts might have been merged, if you log into your online account using Facebook is it displaying your other accounts real Spotify username?

If so, get in touch with customer services as above as they will need to split the login details so you can access your premium again.

Peter

Yes, it logs in as the normal one. Not the facebook one. I've already contacted CS, so I'll just have to wait. Ty for the help.

Suggested posts