Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

3 months for 0,99€

3 months for 0,99€

Hi,

Just received an email saying i could get 3 months of premium for 0,99€.

Decided to adhere but after inserting my VISA data i got the message:

"your subscription will be automatically renewed on 2014-12-11 and you will be charged 6.99 EUR"

Well... this does not make sense...

What is going on?

Thanks,

R

18 Replies

just received my receipt... it is for a 30 day free trial instead of the 3 months for 0,99€ advertised.

how to solve this?

thanks!

Hope you're enjoying your Spotify Premium 30-day free trial! Here's your receipt.

Email address:  xxxx
Username/ID:    xxxx
Date:           2014-11-11 15:06 UTC
Order ID:      xxxx
Payment type:

Retailer:       Spotify Spain SL
VAT number:     ESB85346294

Items bought:   30 day free trial (Spotify Premium)
Item price:     0.00 EUR
IVA 21.0%:      0.00 EUR
Total:          0.00 EUR

At the end of the free trial the payment card you provide will automatically be
charged the Spotify Premium subscription fee of 6.99 EUR per month.

All prices stated on the receipt are inclusive of IVA (where
applicable) and other applicable taxes and fees.

Thanks for trying Spotify Premium!

The Spotify Team

Same problem here, i try to suscribe for 3 months paying 0'99€ and i get charged 9'99€...

Can anybody explain to me?My bank is going to block the charge of 9'99€

Is there any email to complain about this?

Hey @rbraz

Thanks for posting, i've just looked into a few things for you.

This offer actually wont come up in your accounts page saying "3 Months", it will just be added month by month. On your next payment date, there will be another month put onto your account and so on until you've had 3 months of Spotify premium!

[Note: This may show up as a Spotify trial until you get put on to the normal monthly subscription.]

If you have any other questions please feel free to post ^.^

Happy Spotifying!

Kind regards, 

- Ashley
Spotify Support Team.

Got any questions you'd like me to answer directly? Send me a private message here in the forums ^.^

Has this solved your problem? Click

"Accept as solution"

to help people in the same situation as yourself.

Hey @Alvarri,

Could you please contact the customer support team via this link; http://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/.

The team will then be able to take you through this issue and get it resolved for you as soon as possible.

Many thanks 🙂

- Ashley
Spotify Support Team.

Got any questions you'd like me to answer directly? Send me a private message here in the forums ^.^

"Accept as solution"

I'm having the same kind of difficulty here.

I follow the link to activate the 3month for 0.99 but all i get is a link to update my credit card info.

Is it because i'm still on the 30day trial offer?

Hello @BravoPT

I'm really sorry to hear you're having the same issue with this! 

I can see your product was in fact changed today, hopefully this has changed over to the 3 month promotion that has been advertised. Your trial runs out on the 6th of December, could you please contact the customer service team (link is provided in my previous post) if you're charged incorrectly after said date?

Of course if you are charged incorrectly we will be able to credit your account appropriately!

Kind regards, 

- Ashley
Spotify Support Team.

"Accept as solution"

Thanks for your quick reply.

So, i have to wait till 06/12 and if i'm billed incorrectly i'll reach support trough that link.

Thanks again!

You are correct ^.^ 

Hopefully you don't need to contact support and everything works out fine!

- Ashley
Spotify Support Team.

"Accept as solution"

Hi,

same problem here ... 😞

I subscribed the 3 month offer and the email i received said i got the free month trial...

How can I change that ?

Thxxxx 🙂

Nina

Hey there, 

I just had a similar issue.

I clicked the link on spotify to buy 3 months for 0.99€.

I inserted a credit card and I was charged 6.99€ for 1 month.

How should I proceed ?

I just paid for the 3month period for 0,99€. The 3month period appears ok in my account. The problem is the price after that 3month period.

The advertise banner said 0,99€ for the first 3 months and then 6,99€/month. The problem is that in my account is not showing 6,99€ but 9,99€/month after the 3 months for 0,99€. This is misleading....

I already contacted the support team about this problem. Lets see what they say about it...

Is this happening to other people?

2014-11-12 16.51.33.png

Hello! this morning i select the offer 0.99€ for 3 months, when i look my banc acount i have seen 9,99€, why? if i select the offer for 0.99 why spotify take 9.99 to my banc acount. Thanks

Hi, 
I'm Italian.
I heard the advertising promotion for 3 months at 0,99€ but on Italian Spotify page there's no trace. How does it works?
Have you a link where I can upgrade with this offer?

Thanks

E.

@easterika - Have you ever had Premium or taken a free trial on Spotify before?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter no, I never done it!

Hello. Spotify just charged my credit card for 6.99€, instead of the 0.99€ for 3 months...  Where should i make my complaint?

Hey @BravoPT please reach out to us via the contact form so we can take a closer look at your account, thanks!

Hi,

on the 16th Feb I have subscribed to the 0.99 offer. Unhappily, on the 16th March Spotify charged me with 9,99 euros, without any notice.

I am now trying to have my money back, since I should start paying for the Premium service in May, buy nobody seems to help.

Customer support continues to ask me for proofs of payment, and avoids my questions or my emails.

I am very upset by this situation, mainly because I believe that you should treat your customers with respect and dignity.

I do not understand why I shouldn't have my money back, since it was taken with no reason.

I really hope somebody can solve my issue, or I'll procede with further action.

Regards,

FL

Suggested posts