Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

30 Day trial in combination with gift cards

Solved!

30 Day trial in combination with gift cards

Hi there!

I would love to try out Spotify Premium, the problem is that I don't have a credit card. I'm from the Netherlands, and there are stores here that sell Spotify Gift Cards. I was wondering if I would still be able to get my 30 day trial when I upgrade to premium by one of these giftcards, resulting in having 2 months of Premium. If not, are there any other ways of redeeming the 30 day free trial without having to insert credit card information? I mean I'll probably continue to buy these gift cards for myself anyway, it's just that I would like to be able to try it first.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for your reply. I was already expecting this and went on looking for other solutions. Glad to be able to say that I've found a workaround and I'm enjoying my 30 day trial now 🙂 I've used Neteller to create a virtual mastercard which I can use to pay for my subscription.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

As far as I am aware, to qualify for the 30 day free trial you need to sign up to a rolling monthly payment using your credit card, therefore it will not be possible to redeem those free 30 days without one. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Thanks for your reply. I was already expecting this and went on looking for other solutions. Glad to be able to say that I've found a workaround and I'm enjoying my 30 day trial now 🙂 I've used Neteller to create a virtual mastercard which I can use to pay for my subscription.

Hi,

My daughter has recieved a gitcard for spotify, she wants toactivate an premium account with it. This is not possible because of the 30 days trial. We don't want the trial. But it seems that we can't activate the premium without...

Can someone help me. A creditcard is out of the question. It has to be with the giftcard. Is it possible to subscribe for the unlimited and then upgrade to premium?

thnx for the advice.

Can you not redeem the gift card directly by going to spotify.com/redeem ? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts