Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

30-day trial - URGENT help request!

30-day trial - URGENT help request!

Hiya

Done something rather stupid. I downloaded the app (iOS) 2 days ago, and was given a 48hr trial (expires at 3pm BST (British Summer Time) today - 03/04 (or, for any Americans reading this, 04/03)). I then went and registered for the free 30-day trial on the Spotify site from my iPod.

I then had a COMPLETE mental aberration and changed the billing interval, so my account now tells me that I'll be charged £9.99 today (when previously, as this month is free, it read £0.00).

How do I change it back so I'm not billed until 3rd May...?

Also, what happens when my 48hr trial is up - will it automatically switch to the 30-day...? My account is linked to my FB account (incidentally, if I ever wanted to deactivate my FB account, what would happen to my Spotify subscription...? Would I be able to set up an account on the website and transfer it...?).

Help needed ASAP! Don't want to be charged for a month that's supposed to be free!

Cheers folks!

Sarah X❤X

P.S. Posted this in the 'other devices' sub-forum by mistake - my brain really ISN'T functioning today!
1 Reply

Hey Sarah! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to look into why you are going to be billed early. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Your 30 day free trial will start automatically once the 48 hour trial ends, you might need to log out and back in again. If you have any issues, I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

Unfortunately, if you created your account using Facebook, there is no way to migrate over to a non-Facebook login/account without creating a new account. The customer services team would be able to help you move all of your playlists and subscription across for you if you ever wanted to do this. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts