Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

48 Hour Trial

Solved!

48 Hour Trial

Hello there!
I recently got the free Spotify app, automatically starting the 48 Hour trial. I got out of class and realized that it was about an hour over the end of the trial. I hastily deleted the app, and now I am freaking out a bit. Will I be automatically charged? It's linked to my iTunes account which is linked to my mom's credit card...so I am hoping it will not automatically enroll me in anything I did not ask for...? Do I have to go online and do any account cancelling? I have heard that that is difficult to do succesfully.
Well, thank you for your time!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @MusicIsLife! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

You don't need to worry about being automatically charged. Since you didn't input any information to begin with when you started using Spotify, you will not be billed for anything.

I hope you do take advantage of the 30 day free trial, this trial does require you to submit credit card information so the subscription can be renewed after thirty days so you can continue enjoying Spotify Premium without any interruptions.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @MusicIsLife! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

You don't need to worry about being automatically charged. Since you didn't input any information to begin with when you started using Spotify, you will not be billed for anything.

I hope you do take advantage of the 30 day free trial, this trial does require you to submit credit card information so the subscription can be renewed after thirty days so you can continue enjoying Spotify Premium without any interruptions.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Ahh thanks a million! I was so worried.

No problem!
Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

I have downloaded the app but how do you download the 48 hour trial!? I can't find any where where I can simply press download. Please this is annoying me

@Cheyenne wrote:
I have downloaded the app but how do you download the 48 hour trial!? I can't find any where where I can simply press download. Please this is annoying me

You will automatically get the 48 hour trial if eligable the first time you log into your account on a mobile device (so a phone or a tablet). 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ok so I've been reading for hrs to find out why when registering and after downloading app on my phone it never takes me to the credit card info page.  Is it because I've tried to do it during the 48hr trial or because I have no desktop (have access to wireless router) with spotify program downloaded to it for my Mobil???  I am trying to get a premium plan and auto debit from my card.  Thank you so much

@jlamonica - You should be able to subscribe to the 30 day free trial which will then turn into an auto renewing subscription automatically from: https://www.spotify.com/freetrial/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts