Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

48 hours? Really confused.

48 hours? Really confused.

Hi, so, a few days ago I finally downloaded the Spotify app onto my iPhone (4). It said that I had 48 hours left of my trial, and so I deleted the app right before my trial ended, figuring it wouldn't really be of much use afterwards. Today, I decided to do a bit of research, and saw that, while there's a limit on time you can listen to music a month with a free account, the 48 hour limit only applies to Premium trials. However, I looked all over, and couldn't find a spotify app that was anything but the 48 hour trial. Does this mean that I'll be unable to listen to spotify through an app, as I cannot pay? I'm just really confused, and a bit frustrated. Thank you in advance.
6 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

When you first log in using the mobile application, you get a 48 hour free trial of Spotify Premium (if you don't already have a subscription) which is required to access Spotify on mobile devices. After the 48 hours, you can extend to a 30-day free trial from this page if you want to continue using the service. The 30 day free trial does require you to enter payment details as your subscription is automatically renewed if you don't cancel within the first 30 days. 

If you are a Spotify USA customer, then you can continue to use the radio function inside the Spotify mobile application without the need for a Premium subscription. All other territories require a Premium subscription to sign into the mobile client. 

You can read more about Spotify premium here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

As hammeh says, as a US customer, you will be able to use the Spotify mobile app for Radio play, as well as importing your own music files into the app. Try installing the mobile app again (Make sure that you log into your Spotify account, rather than creating a new one).

I think the best thing for you to do would be to install the Desktop app. Then you will get the picture. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Download.

Does the 48 hour trial apply to computers as well? Or is the 48 hour trial only for moblie devices?

@murphy30197 wrote:

Does the 48 hour trial apply to computers as well? Or is the 48 hour trial only for moblie devices?

You only get the 48 hour trial the first time you sign into an iOS, android or Windows Phone (I think) device I am afraid. 

Peter

Peter

Hi. I have had premium But now when I change to another Iphone and logged in with the same Account as before it says 48hours left of your trial ?
/Anna

@AnnaJanson wrote:
Hi. I have had premium But now when I change to another Iphone and logged in with the same Account as before it says 48hours left of your trial ?
/Anna

Hey Anna 🙂 

If all of your playlists are on that account, you have been given a 48 hour free trial on top of your current subscription. Your normal subscription should resume automatically after that trial is over. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts