Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

502 bad gateway/ oh no something went wrong error

502 bad gateway/ oh no something went wrong error

Hello,

Everytime when i try to visit spotify.com, my account info or when i try to login i get the "502 bad getaway" error or "oh no something went wrong" error. Is there a way to fix this problem so i can view everything normal again?

Thanks!

32 Replies

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Thank you for reporting this issue, I will notify the staff about this.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

On all devices when I try to specifially upgrade to premium the page will either not load, or it will crash, but all other pages work and music will stream.

Same problem here... When I try following free trial links I get a 502 error too...

Hi there and welcome to the community,

That's weird, could you try using a different browser or incognito mode with cleaned cookies/cache?

What link are you trying to access?

Last.fm | Twitter

I'm normally a Firefox user... Just Tried it in Chrome and even logging in throws a 502 there...

And now I'm getting a splash page which says "Oh No! Something has gone wrong" so I'm guessing Spotify have noticed... 🙂

I keep gettting a "bad gateway" when attempting to access my account. I am a premium user. 

Hey guys,

Thank you all for reporting! I have merged all topics into this single topic. 

I will keep you updated.

Last.fm | Twitter

Same here. If it's not a 502 bad gateway it's a "oh no!" Page.

I'm altenating between 502 bad gateway or "Spotify Gift Cards are currently not available in your country" on this page

https://www.spotify.com/us/get-spotify/e-card/

I'm in the US and that page was working a few days ago, so not sure what's up.

Tried to update to paid premium and my acct button won't respond so tried going directly to spotify site and can only get bad gateway.

I am having the same problem. I tried the reinstallation and that did not fix the problem

Same here :

Oh no!
Something has gone horribly wrong!

Cannot give money to you guys.... too bad... will have to continue with the free offer...

I have tried connecting from my wi-fi and my mobile network and got 502 error on both. I have restarted my browser and my router as well as disconnecting mobile data connection. Nothing works and I would very much like to renew my premium access but can't. 

Hi guys thanks!

I have passed your reports to the right guys. I will keep you all updated!

Last.fm | Twitter

And now that I have had a problem I have the great distinction of being labeled as a music fan aka have problems using spotify!

The post is not a solution

Apparently just admitting I had a problem was actually the solution here because it just worked for me. I did nothing special, just tried again through chrome browser, maybe they sorted it?

When I try to sign in, after a long load time, I get the message "502 Bad Gateway". 

I get this in chrome, firefox, and ie. I also get this message while in "incognito" mode.

I have cleared cookies and cache to no avail. 

Suggested posts