Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

99 cent deal charged me for 9.99

99 cent deal charged me for 9.99

So i heard the deal on spotify about 3 months of spotify for 99 cents so i decided to do it! well i filled out my cc info and it charges me 9.99 cents. wtf? there is no phone number to reach these guys that i can see so can someone please direct me to there number? i emailed them but its too easy to ignore.. 😕 very mad about this one..

30 Replies

Same deal here. There's a 10 dollar charge sitting in my bank account, after clicking on and signing up for the $0.99 offer. Interested in hearing the replies to this.

Hey there! Sorry to hear your frustration. Did you already have a Spotify Account beforehand as a Premium or a free trial? Unfortunately, there is no direct line. They always reply back to email, just check your inbox. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

yes i did have it for a month, but no where did it say it was only for new members, it said "everyone" as long you did it by the 31st. super frustrated on this.

and im assuming they wont give any refund will they? I emailed them about a half hour ago so im still waiting. 

Unfortunately, it actually does at the bottom of the page. Check out the image below. 

Holiday No Ads 2014.png

My suggestion would be to wait for the reply back from Spotify's Support team. They can answer those specific questions for you. 

I would like to know what page you're looking at, that says it excludes previous subscribers, because the main Spotify page "at least for US" says nothing about it, nor does it show the message in the picture that you took.

Spotify needs to clearly specify the limitations of it's offer as it's frustrating to waste time to come to the website only to be let down and have them have them tell you nope we're not giving you this discount.  The way that they advertise it currently makes everything think it's for everyone not just for new customers.

Spotify needs to change the way they word their add and clearly state the terms of the promotion.

As somebody that was tempted to come back I was happy to see this deal as I would have kept my subscription however now I wont be coming back to premium

Hey there - sorry you don't see it in the picture that I took, but it's highlighted in the red box at the bottom. Here is the link to the page where you can see for yourself. www.spotify.com/holiday

Re-read my post I CAN see it in your picture, it's just not on the main page of the website like it should be.

@crazzyt9 wrote:

I would like to know what page you're looking at, that says it excludes previous subscribers, because the main Spotify page "at least for US" says nothing about it, nor does it show the message in the picture that you took.

Not here to argue with you...just trying to help. I recommend waiting for a response from Spotify Support if you already submitted a case.

Also that page redirects me to a payment page and all it says is I'm not eligible at the top so as I said it still wastes my time hearing the ad coming to subscribe and then being told no.

Sorry the wording mistake there was mine lol I meant to say nor does it show the message in the picture that you took, on the website.

I can't get in on this deal either. /: Wish I could!

-Jay

@crazzyt9 wrote:

Sorry the wording mistake there was mine lol I meant to say nor does it show the message in the picture that you took, on the website.

All good! We, Superusers, are here to help. Sometimes we dont' always have the solution our fellow customers are hoping for...since no superusers work for Spotify, we're subject to the same things everyone else is 🙂 

It's just ridiculous that the advertisement you listen to on spotify isn't truthful it says subscribe by the 31st doesn't say anything about restrictions or being open only to new subscribers etc.

Does this mean that if I had simply made a new account on a different email address I could've scored myself 3 months of nearly free Premium? This was a bit underhanded.

Finally got a pretty good deal, 3 months for 9.99. 😄
-Jay

Es una verguenza, ya me he puesto en contacto con Spotify para que me devuelvan el dinero. Si no realizan la devolucion pedire al Banco que rechazen el cargo y la correspondiente reclamacion en la OCU.

El problema esta, en que no avisan del cargo que te van a realizar de 9,99 €.

Suggested posts