Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

.99 scam?

.99 scam?

I received NUMEROUS emails to "try Spotify Premium free for an extra 30 days."   I clicked on the link and it says "Get 3 months of Spotify Premium for only $0.99. Offer ends December 31, 2014."  I didn't see the free 30 days anywhere.  I clicked on the link anyway.  It asks me to log-in and then it says  "Start 3 months of Premium for 149.00 TWD."  I'm out of the US, so I that's why it's givinig me the price in local currency, but that's ~$5USD.  What's with all the price increases?

If I go back to the main page while logged in, I see the .99 promo again and if I click on it then it says  "Unfortunately, you're ineligible for this offer because you've previously signed up for a Premium trial or subscription."  Then why am I getting this offer in the first place?  Even after my 7 day free premium trial had ended, I'm still getting this "free premium" email at least once a day.  

2 Replies

@sensAsian81 wrote:

I received NUMEROUS emails to "try Spotify Premium free for an extra 30 days."   I clicked on the link and it says "Get 3 months of Spotify Premium for only $0.99. Offer ends December 31, 2014."  I didn't see the free 30 days anywhere.  I clicked on the link anyway.  It asks me to log-in and then it says  "Start 3 months of Premium for 149.00 TWD."  I'm out of the US, so I that's why it's givinig me the price in local currency, but that's ~$5USD.  What's with all the price increases?

If I go back to the main page while logged in, I see the .99 promo again and if I click on it then it says  "Unfortunately, you're ineligible for this offer because you've previously signed up for a Premium trial or subscription."  Then why am I getting this offer in the first place?  Even after my 7 day free premium trial had ended, I'm still getting this "free premium" email at least once a day.  

Hey @sensAsian81,

We're sorry to hear of your frustration. 

As the disclaimer states, the offer is currently only available to users who haven't had Premium before.

We're very sorry for any inconvenience - we'll pass your comments on. 

NO disclaimer in email, but I see it on the website now.  

It'd b nice that I don't continuously get spammed by an offer that I cant participate in.

Suggested posts