Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A Complaint

A Complaint

So I am disappointed - and I didn't know where to write it except for here.  

So, I have been using Spotify for a while now, and just recently decided I wanted to get Premium again.  But last time, I used just the normal Spotify.  So this time I was like - HEY, I'll use the student discount.  But I couldn't.  Because I am not in college.  I'm sorry?  You have all this advertisement, which is obviously aimed at me because I am a teenager.  But no where in your ads do you tell us that we have to be in college?  I am in school.  I am a student.  So why can't I get the student discount?  You know my age.  What is going on here Spotify?  You are basically lying to your customers.  I was all excited to get the discount, and now I am extremely let down.  Hopefully there is something you can do about this?

4 Replies

Hey @edoombos123

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Spotify Community. We're here to help 🙂

Unfortunately, the Student Discount offer is for qualifying colleges/universities at current. We'll be sure to pass your comments and feedback on to our team here. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the Student Discount offer yourself soon.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

See, I know that now. My problem is that your commercials are misleading.
I know that the commercials I get when on Spotify Free are based on many
factors, but they also include my age. If I was a 30 year old, you wouldn't
make me listen to those commercials. And so as a 16 year old, I want to
know why I would hear commercials that are meant for 18 year old people and
higher. Because then when I actually look to sign up for it, I realize I
can't. I actually understand that those commercials are meant to draw you
in, and to make you want Premium, slowly but surely brainwashing you to get
it. But it is a real frustration when I realize that your commercials were
basically lying to me. Maybe try changing it to "college students" so that
doesn't happen to any other people?

Thanks for you consideration,
Emma

I have tried to reach spotify and have not received a response for months. I tried to purchased the premium and spotify charged me without giving me the premium. I then recently tried to do the student discount because I am in college and charged me without giving me the premium. 

Hey @1258740785

I'm sure I can get this chased up for you. Could you let me know the 8 digit case # for your email to support?

I'll make sure that our team get onto this for you.

Suggested posts