Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A hacker threatened me and my kids

A hacker threatened me and my kids

Few days ago, a hacker takes over my account and send a email (see attached) threatened me and my family.

As he access my account, he got my phone number. He sended me also a text message. Because I'm a Premium Family Member, he knows my adress and my Kids name. He send me another email threatening my kids with their names.

Spotify must take the security issue of our accounts more seriously. By doing nothing to increase security, like 2 factor authentification, they put their customers in dangerous situations.

SPOTIFY MUST TAKE ACTION NOW.

I tweeted about this story:

https://twitter.com/b_ter/status/1203333124031209474?s=19

Feel free to share my tweet with your friends. 

_20191207_024311.JPG
5 Replies

Hi there @b3ez

thanks for posting !

I must say this is a first for me.

Please contact support through this contact page and have them take a closer look at your account.

Hope this helps 🙂

I did. And they can't help.

This is not a customer side issue. This is an issue where Spotify must take action to do a better job at securing our account. 

Hey @b3ez,

Thanks for getting back to us. We just wanted to reassure you that we do take cases such as yours seriously.

Since we're not able to look at your account details in the Community, we suggest you continue to talk to Customer Support about this.

Do keep us posted on your progress - we'll be here in case you have any further questions.

Take care for now!

Hello @Peter,

Thanks for your reply. As I said before, it is not a Customer side issue.

This forum is full of messages about people who get their account hacked. Even more with Family Premium account, where there are very private data which is exposed.

The thread about "2-Factor Authentication" was requested 5 years ago. And it is still "Under Consideration".
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Security-2-Factor-Authentication/idi-p/1017889

If you want to take cases such as mine (and such as thousands people) seriously, just ask Spotify to secure propely our accounts.

Hey @b3ez,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We understand your concerns regarding account security, and we're doing our best to make sure that such issues are dealt with accordingly.

Also thanks for highlighting the idea in the Community - it looks like it's currently Under Consideration. You can learn more about what to expect going forward in this Spotify Answer.

Let us know if you have any further questions - we'll be right here.

Suggested posts