Announcements

A lot of music is missing for India

Solved!

Re: Spotify for india does not have some songs

Composer

I'm sure Spotify will figure out a way to get the deal with Warner. It's just a matter of time.

Re: A lot of music is missing for India

Casual Listener

Don't worry. All the songs will be soon available in India too. You just have to giceitg some time. 

Please enjoy all the songs which a available right now.

Ananth

Regular

Quick update: because of that letdown I contacted Spotify that day and had my subscription cancelled. I got the refund within seconds. So kudos to them for amazing service. 

I've reactivated my Google play music subscription for now. Will be using the free version of Spotify for podcasts till they sort out their issues.

Spotify has reported 1 million new subscribers in India only after 1 week of their launch. So surely Spotify is not a failure in India. Spotify is using the old Indian law(Copyright Act 1957 Section 31D) which allows Spotify to get license without permission of copyright holder i.e Warner Music Group. So within few months all songs may be available in Spotify. 

Composer

@VandanaMK it won't work as Court has already denied Spotify the 31D. Let's see what happens but yes in a few months hopefully it will be fixed. Also considering the music space in India, 1 Million is really a tiny number. But when Spotify fix the problem with Warner, they will get more subscribers.

Interesting article to read: https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/4/18250563/spotify-india-one-million-subscribers-tiny-dent-music-mar...

user-removed
Not applicable

Even i cancelled all my subscriptions with apple music, amazon music, Jiosaavn just to learn that all of my favorite songs are greyed out on spotify. I really hope that all these songs become available as soon as possible... I made a yearly subscription with spotify and I really don’t want my money to be wasted... 

Casual Listener

Yes, this is because of WMG suing Spotify, however it should hopefully get sorted out soon. The court would find a suitable solution and would hopefully rule in the listeners' favour, or even better for us the two corporations might settle out of court.

user-removed
Not applicable
Yes. I came across the details of the lawsuit. Its a shame Spotify decided
to launch its services in India despite they knew that they lacked most of
the greatest global music hits in their catalogue. I hope they sort this
mess out as soon as possible... At this moment I just regret that I got the
annual subscription without knowing about all these issues...

Music Fan

Yep , for now all I did is sync the local files, hope they get this issue resolved ASAP

Music Fan

@SantoshPSS wrote:

Yes, not only Warner Music Group but also Saregama, which is an Indian company, is not available on Spotify India, but available in Spotify US, and also Charlie Puth is missing, too. I’ll keep both the services, Apple Music and Spotify Premium just to make sure this doesn’t again happen in the future, but I really hope this gets sorted out pretty soon, I pay monthly because I want to listen to my favorite music, not for the app...

Well from what I know Saregama let's you purchase the song for 5-10 Rs. From their official website , Maybe that feature is not available for Non-indian customers , and that's why the feature their catalogue for Spotify USA . That's just what I think .

The real question is some Indian albums are available but songs arent.. I mean 2-3 songs of their album are missing and I just don't get it .

Screenshot_20190306-210831.jpg
SUGGESTED POSTS