Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A lot of music is missing for India

Solved!

A lot of music is missing for India

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Android/Desktop

My Question or Issue

I was awaiting Spotify's arrival to India with bated breath and immediately signed up for the trial when the option was up. But my glee slowly faded when I saw how much of my favourite music isn't available at all. I understand that Spotify is having licensing issues but I didn't think it would be this severe.

I could have lived without stuff that wasn't released in India at all, but a majority of the music that's missing is readily available on other streaming services like Apple Music.

I was so ready to cancel all my other subscriptions and switch to Spotify for good, but I don't know if I want to now. If this isn't sorted out by the end of my trial, I will not be renewing my subscription with Spotify.

I really hope that won't be necessary. I'm a big fan.

98 Replies

Yep
I subscribed to Spotify for only 1 month , after this subscription ends I
am switching to YT music .

I got YouTube Premium with YouTube music too! It’s awesome service! Pretty cheat for ad free YouTube and YouTube music! But I’ll be keeping 3 Services for now, Apple Music, Spotify Premium, YouTube Premium with YouTube music...

No Anne very few cold play songs

There's no Panic! At the disco. Are you f***ing kidding me

Screenshot_20190316-105925.png

Even I subscribed to the Youtube Premium for Family Plan and it is indeed a really cool service. All the playlists are available on both the regular youtube and youtube music. I can also play those songs and videos on my TV using my phone as a remote control

Discover weekly will be showing up in your account after you have listen to a lot of songs, but the only problem left is the songs availability... I just hope they sort this out, but I am a long time subscriber to Apple Music, I’ll be with it even if Spotify sorts this out, and I also did subscribed to YouTube Premium with YouTube music family subscription... they have probably all of the songs that Spotify doesn’t offer right now, so maybe try it? I think first time users can actually try it for months...

The fact that YouTube has become completely (we can’t do anything about sponsored videos) ad-free is just crazy to think about, I watch YouTube almost for like 5 hours daily if I get free time including Netflix (currently watching Orange is the New Black), and I also really enjoy background play, it’s also the best feature! YouTube Music for me personally is just bugging out on my iPad Pro for some reason, but hopefully an update could fix that, it’s just released in India... so maybe it takes a week or so to fix all the bugs I am assuming...

Coldplay - Yellow is not on Spotify India!! Good that I started the free trial. They took so long to launch and this is a real shame. Anyway, will be switching to the free version before my trial ends.

Almost the same happened to me. I purchased it the next day it got released in India. But unfortunately, there weren't many of my favorite artist songs (Lil Pump, Ed Sheeran, Charlie puth, clean bandit, Black, Calvin Harri, Gucci Mane, David Guetta,Ty Dolla $ign,Anne Marie,Bhad Babie,clean bandid,lol di**y, Lil Uzi vert and so many). And now I regret buying 1 year Spotify premium 😞

How did you sync local files? And did this allow you to listen on mobile devices too?

Open Spotify on your desktop , go to preferences , turn on Local files and select the directory/path your songs are located in. I would suggest you first edit all the song tags such as name , album art , artist , year ,etc and then add it to the folder. Once added create a playlist and then add your local files , once added open spotify on your mobile and download the whole playlist .

If it says "Waiting to download" .. close Spotify on your phone , and then redownload  playlist while keeping Spotify open on your desktop . 

Any idea when will the whole list be done, even most old Indian songs are missing. Albums like Narasimha, Sankarabaranam, and many albums of Hans Zimmer too are missing.

Honestly, I have no idea when this will be solved but I've made a list of music labels that are missing. Here is the list:
1. SVF Music
2. Amara Muzik
3. Surinder Films
4. Girona Entertainment
5. Windows Production
6. RS Motion Pictures
7. TSeries (some songs are disabled despite the global deal with Spotify)
8. Sa Re Ga Ma
9. Tips Music
10. WaterTower Music
11. Warner/Chappell
12. APG
13. Rhino Records
14. Parlophone Records
15. Atlantic Records UK
16. UD Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
17. PSS Entertainments

18. Pramod Films

If you find more record label names, feel free to quote this message and add that. Please note that Warner owns many record labels so, without Warner deal those music can't be added as well.

Let's hope this matter gets resolved soon.

Exactly...lost all enthusiasm right there

I have been swinging between Premium or free and still undecided. On one side, I love the interface and playlists. On the other side, I hate the greyed out songs and missing libraries from labels. The recent Saregama debacle is another problem. I getting a feeling the local players are delaying the growth of Spotify in India. I am pretty sure if Spotify has all the labels, it will gobble up every one in the country. At this moment, I still don't know, but I just added 7 days prepaid premium just for consuming my idle PayTM cash.

I've personally spoken with some record labels asking them for the reason and as they said Spotify is not agreeing to prove the royalty that they are charging and also that they are getting from other streaming services. Spotify is asking them to pay way less than what the record labels are asking for and what they are getting from other streaming services. As for them, that is the main reason they are not willing to add their songs.

Please Note that I'm not a Spotify employee and the statement I stated above is completely based on my own research which may or may not be accurate. But I shared the info I got from local record labels and doing research on the internet. 

If you ask me personally I would suggest you to stay on the free version for now until the issue gets resolved (if ever it gets resolved).

Thanks for this info, Yeah I did read this somewhere but I am intrigued why Spotify wants to do this. No Music without artists (not even labels). Music existed in various formats and Streaming is just the current gen.

No Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, Charlie Puth, Olly Murs, (most of) Taylor Swift & Demi Lovato!

What in the **bleep** is left?

Hi! Spotify is gradually uploading the songs, I recommend you wait and I'm sure they will be putting

Suggested posts