Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Android/Desktop

My Question or Issue

I was awaiting Spotify's arrival to India with bated breath and immediately signed up for the trial when the option was up. But my glee slowly faded when I saw how much of my favourite music isn't available at all. I understand that Spotify is having licensing issues but I didn't think it would be this severe.

I could have lived without stuff that wasn't released in India at all, but a majority of the music that's missing is readily available on other streaming services like Apple Music.

I was so ready to cancel all my other subscriptions and switch to Spotify for good, but I don't know if I want to now. If this isn't sorted out by the end of my trial, I will not be renewing my subscription with Spotify.

I really hope that won't be necessary. I'm a big fan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for inquiring into this matter.

We're happy to report that Spotify users in India can access music from Warner Music Group artists.

Happy listening!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

96 Replies
Solution!

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for inquiring into this matter.

We're happy to report that Spotify users in India can access music from Warner Music Group artists.

Happy listening!

PeterModerator

View solution in original post

Srujanmetalhead
Visitor

For me bands such as Maximum the Hormone are still unavailable,is this related to the Warner issue as well?

Screenshot_20200606-213645.png

user-removed
Not applicable
And finally got a premium subscription on spotify... Was waiting just for

hritikghatge007
Music Fan

Time to switch back to Spotify !

cvnalthacvr
Casual Listener

FINALLYYY YESSSSSSS

AKM117
Casual Listener

Now that the deal is signed again, should we be expecting them to return soon?

chiragverma1826
Hey man dere is a soln to dis problem .....if u hav dat song on ur pc downloaded den u can add it to ur spotify library i just found out dis feature and iam using it...it works
As u add it to ur library in ur pc app it will also reflect on ur mobile app ...

Petya
Community Legend

Hey all,

Thanks for posting here - we totally understand your interest in having more music content available on Spotify in India.

We ask you to bear with us, as Spotify launched in India fairly recently. Continue to keep an eye out for songs, albums and playlists that might become available soon. 

Meanwhile, feel free to explore the content that we add daily and could be a match with your music taste!

Have a good day!

PetyaModerator

atishayay
Visitor

Dance Money is literally the most streamed song and it isn't available on Spotify India. I don't get it

SarthakChandra

I had been using Spotify for 2 years using a VPN . When it arrived in India i waited for 4 months before purchasing a subscription. And even after this time, most of the best artists that are availible everywhere else are'nt availible here and i contacted Spotify and their Stupid Answer Bot sends the same reply every other message. Coldplay literally has 3 songs availible in India, which even Shitty Bloatware filled music players like Hangama and Gaana have. Personally feel like i wasted my money on purchasing a Spotify Premium in India.

anagonzalez
Regular

Hi! Spotify is gradually uploading the songs, I recommend you wait and I'm sure they will be putting

samgurung
Casual Listener

@anagonzalez wrote:

Hi! Spotify is gradually uploading the songs, I recommend you wait and I'm sure they will be putting

I wonder what songs are they 'putting', as you put it  A large number of artists I listen too are missing. First the WMG problem and now saregama. Things are not looking to great. I wonder if anyone from spotify can give us some sort of a time frame when the problem will be resolved. I dont think they can really have a viable music service with so much songs missing from their catalogue. 

amdbabu
Regular

By the way, coming back after long time, is there  a way to find Spotify is adding new songs (not newly released), but new catalog. Also, one feature that is still keeping me in Apple music is iCloud Music library, which means I have no worry for missing catalog as long as my own music is in the cloud and appears for me to listen. Spotify doesn't have this golden feature I would say. Too sad, I am unable to go to Spotify though I wished a lot.

sanjeevpatil29

No Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, Charlie Puth, Olly Murs, (most of) Taylor Swift & Demi Lovato!

What in the **bleep** is left?

zam597
Regular

There's no Panic! At the disco. Are you f***ing kidding me

Screenshot_20190316-105925.png

Oddrie

Exactly...lost all enthusiasm right there

amdbabu
Regular

I have been swinging between Premium or free and still undecided. On one side, I love the interface and playlists. On the other side, I hate the greyed out songs and missing libraries from labels. The recent Saregama debacle is another problem. I getting a feeling the local players are delaying the growth of Spotify in India. I am pretty sure if Spotify has all the labels, it will gobble up every one in the country. At this moment, I still don't know, but I just added 7 days prepaid premium just for consuming my idle PayTM cash.

isaumyam
Composer
If you ask me personally I would suggest you to stay on the free version for now until the issue gets resolved (if ever it gets resolved).

isaumyam
Composer

I've personally spoken with some record labels asking them for the reason and as they said Spotify is not agreeing to prove the royalty that they are charging and also that they are getting from other streaming services. Spotify is asking them to pay way less than what the record labels are asking for and what they are getting from other streaming services. As for them, that is the main reason they are not willing to add their songs.

Please Note that I'm not a Spotify employee and the statement I stated above is completely based on my own research which may or may not be accurate. But I shared the info I got from local record labels and doing research on the internet. 

amdbabu
Regular

Thanks for this info, Yeah I did read this somewhere but I am intrigued why Spotify wants to do this. No Music without artists (not even labels). Music existed in various formats and Streaming is just the current gen.

SUGGESTED POSTS