A lot of music is missing for India

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Android/Desktop

My Question or Issue

I was awaiting Spotify's arrival to India with bated breath and immediately signed up for the trial when the option was up. But my glee slowly faded when I saw how much of my favourite music isn't available at all. I understand that Spotify is having licensing issues but I didn't think it would be this severe.

I could have lived without stuff that wasn't released in India at all, but a majority of the music that's missing is readily available on other streaming services like Apple Music.

I was so ready to cancel all my other subscriptions and switch to Spotify for good, but I don't know if I want to now. If this isn't sorted out by the end of my trial, I will not be renewing my subscription with Spotify.

I really hope that won't be necessary. I'm a big fan.

98 Replies

@anagonzalez wrote:

Hi! Spotify is gradually uploading the songs, I recommend you wait and I'm sure they will be putting

I wonder what songs are they 'putting', as you put it  A large number of artists I listen too are missing. First the WMG problem and now saregama. Things are not looking to great. I wonder if anyone from spotify can give us some sort of a time frame when the problem will be resolved. I dont think they can really have a viable music service with so much songs missing from their catalogue. 

so true!!!!!!!!! All Ed sheeran songs are missing! I mean it shows that ed sheeran is on top of top songs list but no ed sheeran songs! Not even the new ones! Like a song that was on spotify top charts isnt even available for listening in india! how is this possible? Pls add ed sheeran songs!

that's pretty much exactly what happened to me. I bought the 1-year subscription out of sheer excitement and now I regret it. 

By the way, coming back after long time, is there  a way to find Spotify is adding new songs (not newly released), but new catalog. Also, one feature that is still keeping me in Apple music is iCloud Music library, which means I have no worry for missing catalog as long as my own music is in the cloud and appears for me to listen. Spotify doesn't have this golden feature I would say. Too sad, I am unable to go to Spotify though I wished a lot.

I had been using Spotify for 2 years using a VPN . When it arrived in India i waited for 4 months before purchasing a subscription. And even after this time, most of the best artists that are availible everywhere else are'nt availible here and i contacted Spotify and their Stupid Answer Bot sends the same reply every other message. Coldplay literally has 3 songs availible in India, which even Shitty Bloatware filled music players like Hangama and Gaana have. Personally feel like i wasted my money on purchasing a Spotify Premium in India.

Hey mate, I live in India as well and would love to have access to songs not available here. Do u mind telling me what vpn u r using currently? Thanks 

The Doors are missing..is their music company covered in your list

Hi, @Therealsud , what platform are you using?

I use it in multiple platforms, Apple, Android as well as windows. It

Its been more than 3 months Spotify has released in  india but they haven't solved their dispute with warner music. Its pathetic. Atleast there is some to keep us updated on whats happenning!

Hello

I went through the article which was given.

But the question is totally different, we are not asking about the recent songs..for example none of Ed Sheeran's songs appear on Spotify.

I am speculating that this issue is exclusive to India alone.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

Yeah! There is ongoing dispute between Warner Music Group and Spotify India
over streaming rights. The case is in court but no updates have been known
till now about the case.

Saregama And few others have removed their Music Library from Spotify India

The astonishing fact is that I have another Spotify account which I use via
VPN to connect to Spotify Japan. Each and every music from Indian Music
labels like Saregama, Tips, T-Series is available to stream in Japan. I
don't know whats the deal in India.

for those who are using spotify for free change the country location to usa. am not sure if it would work for those who bought premium 

Spotify in India need to get**bleep** right

I regret buying their 1 year subscription out of excitement now. If the issue doesn't resolved after my subscription is expired, I'd need say goodbye to Spotify for good. BTW, Google already launched their YT Premium in India, which has better deal and better benefits than Spotify. I'm sure Spotify will have a tough time of retaining their long time users who buy one year subscription out of excitement in the next billing cycle.

Any updates on the missing labels. Though I love the platform but its no fun with half my favorite missing. What a waste.

Hi @-_uudoab9xst9,

We're currently working on this.

As we add new content to Spotify every day, please keep checking whether what you're looking for has become available as it may appear (or reappear) anytime.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else, we'll be happy to!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

A lot of content is not available for India. This should be resolved ASAP otherwise there's no point using Spotify. Apple music has very good content in that regard.

Suggested posts