A lot of music is missing for India

Solved!

Re: A lot of music is missing for India

hritikghatge007
Music Fan

Open Spotify on your desktop , go to preferences , turn on Local files and select the directory/path your songs are located in. I would suggest you first edit all the song tags such as name , album art , artist , year ,etc and then add it to the folder. Once added create a playlist and then add your local files , once added open spotify on your mobile and download the whole playlist .

If it says "Waiting to download" .. close Spotify on your phone , and then redownload  playlist while keeping Spotify open on your desktop . 

thesigmaguy

Any idea when will the whole list be done, even most old Indian songs are missing. Albums like Narasimha, Sankarabaranam, and many albums of Hans Zimmer too are missing.

isaumyam
Composer

Honestly, I have no idea when this will be solved but I've made a list of music labels that are missing. Here is the list:
1. SVF Music
2. Amara Muzik
3. Surinder Films
4. Girona Entertainment
5. Windows Production
6. RS Motion Pictures
7. TSeries (some songs are disabled despite the global deal with Spotify)
8. Sa Re Ga Ma
9. Tips Music
10. WaterTower Music
11. Warner/Chappell
12. APG
13. Rhino Records
14. Parlophone Records
15. Atlantic Records UK
16. UD Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
17. PSS Entertainments

18. Pramod Films

If you find more record label names, feel free to quote this message and add that. Please note that Warner owns many record labels so, without Warner deal those music can't be added as well.

Let's hope this matter gets resolved soon.

Oddrie

Exactly...lost all enthusiasm right there

amdbabu
Regular

I have been swinging between Premium or free and still undecided. On one side, I love the interface and playlists. On the other side, I hate the greyed out songs and missing libraries from labels. The recent Saregama debacle is another problem. I getting a feeling the local players are delaying the growth of Spotify in India. I am pretty sure if Spotify has all the labels, it will gobble up every one in the country. At this moment, I still don't know, but I just added 7 days prepaid premium just for consuming my idle PayTM cash.

isaumyam
Composer

I've personally spoken with some record labels asking them for the reason and as they said Spotify is not agreeing to prove the royalty that they are charging and also that they are getting from other streaming services. Spotify is asking them to pay way less than what the record labels are asking for and what they are getting from other streaming services. As for them, that is the main reason they are not willing to add their songs.

Please Note that I'm not a Spotify employee and the statement I stated above is completely based on my own research which may or may not be accurate. But I shared the info I got from local record labels and doing research on the internet. 

isaumyam
Composer
If you ask me personally I would suggest you to stay on the free version for now until the issue gets resolved (if ever it gets resolved).

amdbabu
Regular

Thanks for this info, Yeah I did read this somewhere but I am intrigued why Spotify wants to do this. No Music without artists (not even labels). Music existed in various formats and Streaming is just the current gen.

sanjeevpatil29

No Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, Charlie Puth, Olly Murs, (most of) Taylor Swift & Demi Lovato!

What in the **bleep** is left?

anagonzalez
Regular

Hi! Spotify is gradually uploading the songs, I recommend you wait and I'm sure they will be putting

SUGGESTED POSTS