Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A question on having two accounts - one premium, one free

Solved!

A question on having two accounts - one premium, one free

Hi all,

I have a premium account which is tied to my main facebook account. However, to be able to properly focus on my dissertation, I deactivated my main facebook account and created a fake one to be able to connect to spotify. As a result I have one premuim spotify account (which I cannot use currently) and one free spotify account.

What I wonder is the following: Can I flexibly change my premium account from one facebook account to another? In other words, when I deactivate my main facebook account I would like to move my premium account to the my fake facebook account, and when I activate my main facebook account I want to re-change my premium account. Are we flexible to do so?

Another question: will I lose my playlists when I change between premium to free accounts?

Thank you!

S.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes, you can change the facebook profile your spotify account is linked to, but you need to know your spotify username/password, so you can login without using your facebook credentials.

If you login to the desktop app with those, you can unlink fb and link it again to the other one.

Your playlists are independent from your subscription status, so you won't lose any of them.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Yes, you can change the facebook profile your spotify account is linked to, but you need to know your spotify username/password, so you can login without using your facebook credentials.

If you login to the desktop app with those, you can unlink fb and link it again to the other one.

Your playlists are independent from your subscription status, so you won't lose any of them.

osorniosSpotify Star

Well, the thing is before I wrote my problem here, I logged in with my e-mail and password (which are the same ones that I use for facebook). But after doing so, I realized that my facebook account automatically activated itself. Maybe it happened as a result of something else; I should re-check. Consequently, I gave up  trying to survive without my premium account and had to activate my main facebook account..

Thanks a lot for your help!!

S.

Just unlink your spotify premium from fb, and you'll be able to deactivate your fb accounts without fear of reactivating themselves.

They reactivate themselves because they are linked to spotify.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts