Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A user spams my inbox! How do I stop?

Solved!

A user spams my inbox! How do I stop?

For the past two or three month's there is one user that has followed me and a playlist of mine. Since he followed me, he has been bombarding me with his songs and playlists.

I sent him a message via Facebook to stop this. However, the first time he said he won't do it again. However, he didn't stop and still does it right now.

I tried blocking him from Inbox. However, I still get them through.

How can you prevent this person spamming me with playlists or songs? I did everything I could.

Your help is much appreciated. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Batch wrote:

That's another thing. I don't have him added as a friend on Facebook because I don't even know him. :S

It seems there's a fault at our end with that inbox filter at the moment, which is really unfortunate timing for you with this guy sending you spam playlists! If you bear with it a while, hopefully our tech guys will get it sorted out before too long. Apologies for the nuisance!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

@Batch wrote:

For the past two or three month's there is one user that has followed me and a playlist of mine. Since he followed me, he has been bombarding me with his songs and playlists.

I sent him a message via Facebook to stop this. However, the first time he said he won't do it again. However, he didn't stop and still does it right now.

I tried blocking him from Inbox. However, I still get them through.

How can you prevent this person spamming me with playlists or songs? I did everything I could.

Your help is much appreciated. 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Few things to check out:

- Can you verify by viewing his Spotify profile that you are not Following him. 

- Do you still get messages in your inbox from him if you click on "Filter" on the inbox tab and select "Only messages from Friends"? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

- I can confirm that I am not following him. He is following me.

- I still get it through that option. I do receive them via the Spotify app on iOS too. 

Okay, what I have done is escalate this topic to the community staff for you. Hopefully, they will be able to look into this for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter. Will they need the profile link to the culprit?

@Batch wrote:

Thanks Peter. Will they need the profile link to the culprit?

If you PM me a link to his profile, that'd be great. Do you have him added as a friend on Facebook at all? If so, that might be what's bypassing your Inbox filter.

That's another thing. I don't have him added as a friend on Facebook because I don't even know him. :S

Will be sending the profile link in a second.

Marked as solution

@Batch wrote:

It seems there's a fault at our end with that inbox filter at the moment, which is really unfortunate timing for you with this guy sending you spam playlists! If you bear with it a while, hopefully our tech guys will get it sorted out before too long. Apologies for the nuisance!

Many thanks for your help Adam. 

I thought it would be a fault somewhere. I would have expected the spam to stop by clicking the Block from Inbox.

Cheers for taking the time to look into this. 🙂

Suggested posts