Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ADD PERMANENT PRIVACY OPTION

ADD PERMANENT PRIVACY OPTION

There have been other threads addressing this same issue with many people waiting for an update since 2013.

ADD a **bleep** permanent privacy option - not one where you constantly have to make all sessions private at the start of each session.

I have a premium account and I still can't have this option? BS

Also, I'm "swearing" because this has been an issue since 2013 and you guys clearly aren't f**king listening!

1 Reply

Hey @PRIVACY_NOW.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Currently there is no plans to implement a permanent private session. If you really want to remain private in Spotify, we recommend creating a new account and not telling anyone your username.

No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts