Premium

Country

Brasil 

Device

(iPhone 5, Motorola)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Recebi um novo cartão de crédito, cancelei o anterior e estou tentando atualizar a minha forma de pagamento, mas depois de preencher meus dados pessoais aparece uma mensagem de erro - já fiz diversas vezes, revisei todos os dados e estão corretos.

Meu cartão é um MasterCard NuBank. Não é problema no cartão, pois já atualizei todas as minhas assinaturas, menos a do Spotify.

11 Replies

Hey @Bulkool, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

I hope you don't mind me replying back in English.

Could you try this using a different browser or incognito mode? If that doesn't work, please send me a screenshot of the error message being shown (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community).

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Billy-J,

I've tried multiple times as @Bulkool, on different browsers and using on incognito mode to no success. The error message is kind generic (attached), it translate to: "Payment Failed. Try again or use another payment method".

I also message Spotify Twitter Customer Support, but we haven't solved the issue. We've tried different links for the subscription, but the error is always the same.

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 10.22.32.png

@Bulkool,

Conversei com o suporte deles e parece que existe algum problema com o Mastercard Nubank, não sei se estende para outros cartões de crédito.

Só consegui atulizar a assinatura utilizando um cartão de débito.

Eles disseram que estão investigando o problema.

Mesma coisa aqui, tentei atualizar e nada...
O cartão de crédito nem é consultado, o pior foi que seguindo a ajuda eu cancelei e por causa do problema não consigo voltar.

Alguma novidade sobre esse problema? Não tenho outros meios de pagamento que funcionariam por aqui.

Nenhuma até o momento. Mesma coisa aconteceu comigo seguindo a ajuda.

No nosso caso, só trocando o método de pagamento para débito ou usar gift card para renovar a assinatura.

Hey @Bulkool and @L0g1-k,

Thanks for getting in touch! Hope it's okay if we reply in English.

Be sure to check the following if you'd like to pay for Premium:

1. Is your payment method issued in the same country that’s registered to your Spotify account? 
    The country of your payment method must match the one in your Spotify profile, so we can verify your location. Check out how to change the country on your account.
  2. Has the card expired or been canceled? 
    Contact your bank or credit card company for further details or to request a new card. Then try signing up again with the updated payment details.
  3. Have you entered all the correct details? 
    Make sure you enter your details correctly, particularly the 3-digit number sequence on the back of your card (the CVV/CVC security code). Also check you have the available funds 🙂 
  4. Is your card enabled for foreign purchases, and online and recurring transactions? 
    You can contact your bank or credit company to check this. You may also need to have your card set up for 3D Secure online transactions. Examples include “Verified by Visa” and “Mastercard SecureCode”.

Still not working?

If you've checked all the above and still can’t sign up for a subscription, here are some extra things to try:

• Wait a few days and try again. 
    There might have simply been a temporary connection problem when the transaction was attempted. We’d also recommend giving it a try in a private/incognito window in your web browser.
  • Try a different payment method. 
    We have a range of payment methods available. Try selecting an alternative method to what you’ve already tried.
  • Contact your bank or credit card company. 
    Their phone number is usually provided on the back of the card you’re trying to use.

Hope it works! Let us know if you have further questions and we'll be happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Passando para avisar que consegui alterar a forma de pagamento para utilizar o cartão do Nubank.

Qualquer que tenha sido o problema, aprece que agora está funcionando.

Hey @erickmenezes.

Glad you were able to resolve this issue! 

Let us know if you ever have any other questions regarding this. We'll be right here 🙂

Take care!

spotify:track:124NFj84ppZ5pAxTuVQYCQ

Migo como vc fez pra conseguir? Não sei mais o que fazer... tá me estressando isso! Meu cartão tá Td em ordem mas não consigo... aparece sempre a mesma coisa que aparecia pra vc 

Não fiz nada demais. Depois de não conseguir, troquei pelo cartão de débito, umas semanas depois eu tentei o NuBank de novo e foi sem problemas.

Não sei se ajuda (ou se vc já tentou assim), mas depois que a gente coloca as informações do cartão, tem que preencher umas informações pessoais, não é? Nessa parte, eu coloquei todos os números (CPF, CEP, telefone) sem os pontos/traços, e meu nome eu coloquei ele completo, ou seja, diferente de como é no cartão.

De resto não fiz muio mais coisa não.

Hey @erickmenezes.

Thanks for the reply!

Can you go to your account overview page here and see which email address your account is registered with? 

If it's different to the one you expected to see (it could either be an old email address which you don't have access to anymore, or it might have been misspelled), you should get in touch with Customer Support here so that your email address gets updated on your account.

If it's the right email address, please reply to this message and let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts