Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

About auto renewal

Solved!

About auto renewal

Today I bought a 3 months subscription for 0.99€, how can I turn the auto renewal off and keep the current subscription? Thanks in advance and sorry for possible bad English!

EDIT: wrong section, I was sure I was posting in "Accounts and Subscriptions", I am sorry for this.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Oh I see, so to clarify - you'd like to cancel you're auto-pay now (month 1 I assume) and have it just finish the 3 months at .99 then go back to Free Spotify? Or you want to turn off auto-pay right now and just go back to Free Spotify right now?

For the first part, I'm not sure you can do that without waiting until the 3rd payment is complete.

If you're asking how to just stop the auto-pay and go back to Free after this month (assuming you've completed your first payment you'll get the rest of the month on Premium), here are the steps to cancel it:

1) Go into your Spotify app. Next to your name in the upper right hand side is a downward point arrow. When you click on it, it says "Private Session, Account, Settings, Log Out".

2) Click "Account", and it will take you to the internet.

3) On the right hand side of the web page, it should say you are on Spotify Premium (even though it's just a trial). Under it says "VIEW DETAILS". Click that.

4) This will take you to a page that has all your credit/debit card information. Under where it says "UPDATE DETAILS", there is an option to "cancel subscription". From there just confirm that you don't want to pay anymore. Assuming you've made 1 payment, you should get the rest of the month on Premium.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood what you're asking, but by turning off auto-renewal now, it shouldn't cancel the subscription today, it will cancel the subscription the next time you have to make a payment, which it sounds like you don't want to make. So if you made your first payment today, you'll still have Premium for a month. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

If you're asking how do you continue paying .99 a month for as long as you are subsribed, I don't think that's a possibility. It's just a promotional price to get people to try out and enjoy Premium for 3 months and see that it's worth spending the $9.99 a month (which it is in my opinion).

No, I'm asking how to turn the auto renewal off without cancelling the subscription and without going now (not at the end of the 3 months) back to using Spotify free version.
Marked as solution

Oh I see, so to clarify - you'd like to cancel you're auto-pay now (month 1 I assume) and have it just finish the 3 months at .99 then go back to Free Spotify? Or you want to turn off auto-pay right now and just go back to Free Spotify right now?

For the first part, I'm not sure you can do that without waiting until the 3rd payment is complete.

If you're asking how to just stop the auto-pay and go back to Free after this month (assuming you've completed your first payment you'll get the rest of the month on Premium), here are the steps to cancel it:

1) Go into your Spotify app. Next to your name in the upper right hand side is a downward point arrow. When you click on it, it says "Private Session, Account, Settings, Log Out".

2) Click "Account", and it will take you to the internet.

3) On the right hand side of the web page, it should say you are on Spotify Premium (even though it's just a trial). Under it says "VIEW DETAILS". Click that.

4) This will take you to a page that has all your credit/debit card information. Under where it says "UPDATE DETAILS", there is an option to "cancel subscription". From there just confirm that you don't want to pay anymore. Assuming you've made 1 payment, you should get the rest of the month on Premium.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood what you're asking, but by turning off auto-renewal now, it shouldn't cancel the subscription today, it will cancel the subscription the next time you have to make a payment, which it sounds like you don't want to make. So if you made your first payment today, you'll still have Premium for a month. 

I want to go back to Free after this 3 months subscription finishes and turn auto pay off to avoid paying when it ends. I've made the payment for the 3 months offer, so clicking on "cancel the subscription" from Account-->Subscription I will delete my credit card information without losing the subscription and thus keeping the Premium for these three months, right?

I have the same problem 😕

OHHHH, I see what you're saying. You payed for your 3 month subscription all at one time (not one time per month). Yes, I'd imagine if you've paid for the three months that you could then cancel your card. If Spotify has recieved the money then you should have your 3 month subscription and they won't need the card info after the payment. 

If you are on an Apple device, you follow these steps

1.) Go to the Featured Section in the App Store

2.) Go to your Apple ID

3.)Go to Account Settings

4.) Click the manage subscriptions section

5.)Spotify Premium should come up, and you will find an auto renewal on slider. Turn it off

I am new with spotify. I have a question about auto renewal. Do you guys verify or confirm something via email in order to renew automatically or it will just automatically renew without confirming or verify something via email?.. thank you

What if you didn't do Apple ID?

Suggested posts