Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accepting invitation to join premium family

Accepting invitation to join premium family

I switched my plan to the family plan, but when my family member get the email, click accept invitation, spotify message says "cannot join premium for family" then another message below that that says you are already a member of this Family Plan. This is not the case.  Also if we select switch accounts, we logon and it takes us right back to the page with the above messages.

4 Replies

@Ericamickelsen

Each family member has to have a separate username and password. So the first step is to create new accounts for each new member (if they haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for fb, if possible), since they'll be able to pick a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that, and that sometimes causes problems.

Each member will now have a Free account, so the next step is for them to join your Family plan through your account (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send the invites to the emails they used to create their accounts. Let them accept the invite logged in with their own username, and you'll be set. Each will be able to listen to music at the same time, and will have separate libraries, playlists and friends.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same issue, i create new account and join to premium family, and create 6 new account for my family member and those account are just creted and free member, when i login and click the redeem, it shown "

Cannot join Premium for Family 😞

Sorry! We cannot join you to Premium for Family since you have subscribed to Spotify Premium from another store (e.g. iTunes or your mobile operator). Find out more below.

Well, mine is kinda like these other two. We signed up for the Family Plan. Set up my father in laws first, but, my information pops up, even though I have entered all is his info, i.e. name address, email, etc. When done, Hi...(my name) pops up. Should be his...

When trying to setup mine...states I cannot setup because I already have, which I don't...Need lotsa help!!!

Hey @BECCAROW,

Each family member has to have a separate username and password, so the first step is to create new accounts for each new member (if they haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for Facebook, if possible), since they'll be able to pick a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that.

Each member will now have a Free account, so the next step is for them to join your Family plan through your account (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send the invites to the emails they used to create their accounts.

Send by yourself the link generated through INVITE MEMBER BY LINK, instead of letting the system send the mail.

Let them accept the invite logged in with their own username, and you'll be set. Each will be able to listen to music at the same time, and will have separate libraries, playlists and friends.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts