Free

Country

Spain

Device

All

Operating System

All

My Question or Issue

Hello, first of all thank you very much for the help you can give me.

I have received several emails informing me that my account has been accessed. In one week there have been 3 of them even.

I have changed my password several times, even with alphanumeric characters, but I keep getting warnings (I can't set my password any more complex). Is there a solution for this or a way to activate two-factor authentication?

7 Replies

Hello @11149084429

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

It's good to know that you've already taken some steps. 
If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account:

1. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE
  2. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

Make sure to check this article as well, in order to protect your Spotify account. 

If after following those steps, the issue still persists, you can reach out to Customer Support. You can find the contact form here.

You might also want to take a look at this Live Idea that is under consideration. 

If that's something that you're interested in, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic. That way you'll be notified with all the updates on that case. 

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

I hope it helps!

Hello!!!

I tried but it didn't solve the problem...

Hi @11149084429

Thanks for giving it a try!

Have you try contacting customer support?

You can do that via the contact form I linked previously and on Twitter or Facebook. They'll be happy to provide you with further support. 

Bear in mind they're unfortunately experiencing significant delays due to the Coronavirus disease outbreak

Have a great day! 

Yes, the told me I create this ticket...

Hello @11149084429

Thank you for the response!

I'd suggest checking if you possibly have more accounts. You can do that by following this article

To further secure your account make sure to use an alternative email address and if possible, disconnect from Facebook

If it comes to the email you got from support, it's an automatic response due to the current situation with the Coronavirus disease outbreak. 

You can reply to the email you've received to get in touch with someone from support staff if the previous steps were not able to help. 

I hope everything works out!

Tanks for your answer.

I have only one account and disconnected from Facebook. I think I've tried every possible option.

I think Spotify should have two-factor authentication to fix this problem

Hello @11149084429

I'd recommend responding to the auto-generated email from customer support and wait for their response. They should be able to provide with further help, since they can take a closer look at your account. 

If it comes to the two-factor authentication, make sure to add your vote on the idea I linked in my first response. 

Enjoy your day! 

Suggested posts