Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidental double payment to one account

Accidental double payment to one account

Hi 

I have been emailing back and forth with spotify and have just cancelled my credit card to have a payment stopped.

I tried to sign up for the premium service for 0.99c on my spotify account. When I clicked on the advertisement it brought me to a payments page - where i entered my card details and signed up.

I noticed I still had the free service as there were adverts. So looked in my account and it said I was on the free service still and 11.99 had been charged from my card. Eventually after tooing and froing with spotify I realised my partner had signed in on his father's account and i had paid for his account. But he already pays monthly for his, so we double paid. They wanted my credit card number 'to cancel the subscription on his account, return it to free and it would still be accessible'. I didn't want to change the subscription on his accoutn, just remove my card details!

I could not get spotify to cancel my card on his account and I started to be asked a lot of weird questions like dates of birth and nearly all of my credit card number (i had  already provided the last 4 digits and a screen shot of my bank account with the payment going out, the receipt I got my partner's father to send me). 

Is this nomal procedure with spotify, why has it been so hard that I have had to cancel my credit card to avoid the payment going through?

Aoife

1 Reply

Hey there @eeefs ,welcome to the Spotify community!

I guess it's the normal procedure to verify that not someone random gets hold of personal information they shouldn't and avoid any bad situations. Furthermore, here's how you can cancel your subscription or update your payment method.

Hope this was helpful 🙂

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Suggested posts