Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally connected spotify to facebook, account/playlists deleted

Solved!

Accidentally connected spotify to facebook, account/playlists deleted

I have tried to log in again using my old username and password but it is saying that it doesn't exist.

Please help, I am paying for premium and this is very frustrating 

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for getting back to me. However I can't find an account with that username. 

Not to fret--I'm sure we can hunt down your account. Please fill out our contact form so we can confirm some further security details. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi lauraboni92 - Welcome to the Community. 

Let's see if we can't get this sorted. Do you mind letting me know your original username? All I can find is a Facebook-linked account with no payment details. 

My original username was lauraboni92. Thanks for the reply!

Marked as solution

Thanks for getting back to me. However I can't find an account with that username. 

Not to fret--I'm sure we can hunt down your account. Please fill out our contact form so we can confirm some further security details. 

Ok, thank you I will try that. This literally happened less than an hour ago. Thanks for your help.

Hi I have the exact same problem. After logging in with facebook my playlists disappeared and I was told I didnt have premium. So I submitted and paid to get my playlists back. Didnt work though. The Iphone stilll has the playlists and has had premium the whole time.

sliqrick

@sliqrick wrote:

Hi I have the exact same problem. After logging in with facebook my playlists disappeared and I was told I didnt have premium. So I submitted and paid to get my playlists back. Didnt work though. The Iphone stilll has the playlists and has had premium the whole time.

sliqrick

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like you might have set up a duplicate account in the system, try following the steps outlined in this post and see if you can get back into your original account.

I would strongly suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to look into your accounts for you, since if you have set up premium on two accounts you will end up being billed twice.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey. I will state my problem simply. 

I had Spotify linked with Facebook. 
mall my playlist created is on that account. 
I bought I phone. 
now bought premium linking through my mobile phone. 
now this is a new account and not linked with Facebook. So all my playlist is with the Facebook linked premium account. which is non premium. 
And the premium account is liked with mobile phone without any of my playlist. It is annoying: kindly help. 

Hey @spotshahid,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Sounds like you have two accounts. In this case, we'd recommend you check the details of the Premium account you have opened on your mobile device. You can do that by going to the app's Settings. On the top of the Settings page, you'll see your display name and your subscription status.

Keep in mind there are a few ways to sign up, e.g. with email, phone number, Facebook, Apple, or Google. It's possible you signed in on a different account when you started using your new phone, and you subscribed there.

We suggest contacting our Customer Support team, so you can check some possible solutions about this. You can find how to contact them here.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts