Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally opened a community account

Accidentally opened a community account

(Wow. I think I horribly messed up with the posting location. I'm so sorry if I did.)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S8+

Operating System

(Whatever the most current is. I have no idea where to find it on here.)

My Question or Issue

I didn't exactly mean to open a community account, and want to delete mine. Will it affect my actual Spotify account in any way? It'll be hard to explain to the people paying for my account that I deleted it by accident.

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed, I'm always happy to help!

Creating a Spotify Community account won't affect your general Spotify account in any way. The Community account is just to create forums and check out answers if you ever need help.

If you do need to delete your Spotify Community account, please keep in mind that it will remove your info from the Community only, not your general Spotify account. To add, you won't be able to re-open it after you close it. When your account is removed, all likes, accepted solutions, will be permanently deleted from the site. If you decide to join back in the future, you can always start up a new account. Closing your account will also immediately log you out.

If you wish to proceed, go to your Profile on the top of the page > Select Community Profile > Click 'Username' and scroll down until you see 'Close Account' > Read all of the info and select 'Close Account'.

This will not close your general Spotify account, only the Community Account - no need to worry.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts