Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidently deleted my account

Accidently deleted my account

Hello 😃

I deleted my spotify account ( We have the spotify family account) because I thaught I would get a free spotify account from my mobile networkcontract... Wrong information.

However I didnt get any notifaction about my deleted account etc... and I can still use spotify premium. I dont want to delete my account now, after I got the right Infos about my mobile contract. 

After I clicked on "confirm cancellation" Spotify said that the account will be delted today. As I said I can still use Spotify premium and didnt get any Email from Spotify. 

Maybe Spotify didnt get my cancellation ? 

Thanks 😃

3 Replies

Hey @MarieIndy,

Thanks for reaching out.

Cancelling your subscription and closing your account are two entirely different things, so we'll need to figure out exactly what you've done. 🙂

Can you head to this page and let me know what it says: https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/?

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey 😃 Thanks for the fast replay.

It says I am a member of the Spotify family. ( screenshot attached)

What I've done was clearly cancelling my subscription because I thaught my new mobile contract covers a free Spotify account.... Therefore I wanted to cancel my old premium family-account.
But as I said I didn't get a confirmation about cancelling my subscription and I can still use Spotify premium.
(When I cancelled this morning, right after I clicked on the cancel button Spotify said my subscription will end today).

I double checked my mobile contract 1 hour ago and ... it doesn't cover Spotify premium- that's why I just hope the cancellation didn't work cause I really want to keep my account and membership in the Spotify family.

Thanks
Marie

Thanks for letting me know.

Can you check out this support article? It can help you find the account on which you canceled your Premium. 

Once you've located it, you can close it by following the steps here. That way, you'll be left with just the account on the Premium for Family plan.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts