Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidently paid for premium twice on 1 account, still haven't got premiun

Solved!

Accidently paid for premium twice on 1 account, still haven't got premiun

Hello, I purchased for spotify premium and by accident I purchased twice, still don't have acces to spotify premium on my computer though but it works on the phone.

1) can I please get the second payment refounded? 
2)  what do I need to do to access Spotify premium on my computer? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

When attempting to upgrade my account to Unlimited it appears that I have been charged twice, possibly for two different accounts. However I did not intentionally create 2 accounts so I would be really grateful if someone could help me rectify this for me.

I have sent an email about this with the ref no: 353919

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@bumbleweed wrote:

I've been sent 2 different receipts and appear to have been charged twice aswell! Can it roll over to next month please?

Looking at your account I can confirm you won't be charged until september. Enjoy! 

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Hey Jferm92 - 

Yes it does appear that you have made two payments to your account, but our system has taken note of this. 

That means you won't be charged for Premium next month, it will roll over and you'll be charged at the end of April. If you'd still like to just pay for one month at this time, please contact our payments team

Also, our system shows that your Premium upgrade has gone through--please log out and give it another try. 

Meredith,

I think I may have just done the same as I've received 2 PayPal email receipts for the £4.99/month transaction.  Can you check and void the duplicate please and ensure that I only have one recurring £4.99 monthly PayPal request in place for Unlimited Spotofy?

Thanks,

Stephen

Hey Forest, welcome to the Community.

I had a look at your account and I can see that two payments were taken from you today by mistake. What this means is that an extra month will be added to your account so it'll be on Unlimited until 1/5/12.

Or, we can refund the extra payment - just let us know how you'd like to proceed.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Thanks Richard....no need to refund if it simply means that I've just had the APR 2012 payment already taken early.  I'm fine with that.

ForestSDMC

A payment was made on the 14th and another one on the 29th of February. Can someone take a look at this? Thank you

Hey Suburbian, 

What's happened here is you made a duplicate account on our system and upgraded both to Premium. 

We can help sort this out for you--just keep an eye on your inbox as I've just sent you an email. 

Marked as solution

When attempting to upgrade my account to Unlimited it appears that I have been charged twice, possibly for two different accounts. However I did not intentionally create 2 accounts so I would be really grateful if someone could help me rectify this for me.

I have sent an email about this with the ref no: 353919

Hey Jess, thanks for submitting a message through the form. I'm sure one of our payment guys will pick this up as soon as they can.

I appear to have also paid for 2 month Unlimited, have sent a Contact form off, but thought i'd better post here too, just incase!  I see from the earlier responses that payments can be reversed if the user so wishes,  so this has been helpful. 🙂 

Hi Lloydtip1- A response to the case you opened with our payments team is on the way.

Keep an eye on your inbox for me--cheers.

Fantastic - Thanks for the help! 

I've been sent 2 different receipts and appear to have been charged twice aswell! Can it roll over to next month please?

Marked as solution

@bumbleweed wrote:

Looking at your account I can confirm you won't be charged until september. Enjoy! 

Hi I have looked at my credit card statement and I have paid twice according to the statement , can I get this second payment returned or rolled over to next month , or will I have two accounts running at the same time , which I do not want .

Cheers  

@reddblak wrote:

Hi I have looked at my credit card statement and I have paid twice according to the statement , can I get this second payment returned or rolled over to next month , or will I have two accounts running at the same time , which I do not want .

Cheers  

Follow the steps in this help page to check your details and get in contact with the team if you need a refund 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

In the confusion of trying to upgrade to premium, I used the spotlight app with PayPal and it seemingly didn't work. So I thought I needed to update it through Apple and they took money as well! Except they want to charge me $13 a month, can I get that removed? I would like to just use the PayPal through the app for premium.

@Mrstellwagen 

The subscription through apple costs more because apple charges a fee:

To cancel your subscription, you need to cancel it from iTunes. Your subscription is being handled by Apple.

Information on how to do this can be found here:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

http://www.imore.com/how-cancel-or-modify-itunes-or-app-store-subscription-right-your-iphone-or-ipad

Then you can resubscribe through the Spotify website at http://spotify.com for $9.99

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there, I also accidentally paid twice for unlimited, I'm fine with paying the extra month but it shows for both on my iTunes receipt that it goes till September 5th, thanks!

I recently just paid for premium at the end of June andthen again at the beginning of July as I was activating my student account. Is there any way I can get this covered for two months? 

Suggested posts