Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accoont keeps readding playlists that I have had no interaction with.

Accoont keeps readding playlists that I have had no interaction with.

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

S10+ / Windows 10

Operating System

Win 10 latest, and latest Android

My Question or Issue

I recently had a chat with an agent George E about this issue. The following playlists keep appearing on my account with no interaction from me. spotify:user:9nlf59f2vwpn8ptrmsv5emtjc spotify:playlist:1BOGjQMeBEQwCcGJmAU5R5 spotify:playlist:7udfzsaW6Y0hach8NgNXdQ

These accounts will show me as follow, I click unfollow. And it immediately refollows with no interaction by myself. They also attempt to download themselves.

I have reset my password multiple times, including on the relevant email address attached to the accouont. I've uninstalled/reinstallled both desktop and mobile app (. Deleted relevant caches on both and reinstalled. Issue persists. I've also removed all offline devices from my account. I've even went the nuclear option of factory resetting my phone. What is going on here?

As you can see from the image below, the associated instagram account (I don't use instagram, image provided to me by a friend) promotes itself as a "music promotion agency", which to me reads as "we will manipulate peoples accounts for followers"

Per my chat with the support team, these playlists have been flagged to their security team, but i'm not seeing any progress.

Can someone from Spotify explain what is going on here? And if you tell me to reset my password, please see the above where I have, multiple times.

Please remove whatever connection exists between my account and these playlists or I will be cancelling my premium subscription.

IWhatsApp Image 2019-12-01 at 12.31.29(1).jpeg

3 Replies

Hey, @Karlosdelteq 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing that kind of issue. 

Considering you've already changed your password, and made all initial steps, now I recommend that you go on your account page and remove any suspicious app that may be having access to your account. Maybe you could give access to any app before and is not remembering about it... It's just a possibility. After checking the Apps page, remove the playlist again and finally let me know if the issue persists. 

More information about Apps + Spotify here:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the suggestion Herzog. Unfortunaly, I've also tried this too.

Only Spotify advertising cookie and community remain.

Hey @Karlosdelteq,

Peter from the Community Mod team here! I hope you don't mind me jumping in here.

Thanks for providing us with that info. We've reported this to the relevant team who will look into this further.

In the meantime, in order to secure your account, do you mind making sure you've completed all the steps listed in this support article?

Thanks! Keep us posted and let us know if you have any other concerns - we'll be right here.

Suggested posts