Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Cancelled due to Suspicious Activity - Case# 00669912

Account Cancelled due to Suspicious Activity - Case# 00669912

I'm writing this as a last ditch effort after taking a deep breath.  My account was cancelled and I have had no luck getting it resolved in a week.  All get is curt automated responses.  I switched to Spotify and told everyone how great it is. Now I am sort of embarrassed.  Sort of like recommending a restaurant to someone and then hearing they had a awful meal.  So my case # is 00669912.  I hope to hear some good news, heck I'd settle for any news.   My email trail is below for anyone interested.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

Hi there, 

Thanks for getting in touch.

Here's what we got from you: 
I have received a message - 
Dear Spotify user,
We're writing to let you know that your Spotify account has been disabled because we have detected suspicious streaming activity on the account.
Any paid subscription has been cancelled.
If you would like further information, please contact Spotify Customer Service: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-account/
-- Spotify Customer Service

There are two users on this paid account - myself and my husband. We cancelled our paid Rhapsody account because we prefer the Spotify service. My husband is the biggest user, playing it from his phone while he builds custom furniture. We have also set up several playlists for working out and entertaining. I can't imagine what in our activity is suspicious. And I can't imagine why you would just cancel our account. 

I would really like a further explanation and for you to re-enable our account. I can be reached at the email address above or on my mobile phone at XXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you.

We just wanted to let you know that we're looking into your query and we will get back to you as soon as possible. To ensure that our reply reaches your inbox, add support@spotify.com to your spam filter's whitelist.

If you need immediate help, please check out The Spotify Community http://community.spotify.com/ for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.  

You can also check out our Help pages http://www.spotify.com/help/overview/. The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify’s features. 

For any major service issues we’ll keep you in the loop via our Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/spotifystatus @Spotifystatus 

Kind regards,
Spotify Customer Service Team

Don't get caught in cyber-space: This is an automated e-mail so please don't reply to it.

For your reference this is Case #: 00669912

4 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

This may sound odd; but you can reply to the email directly that told you to go to the community; and it will be sent to a Spotify staff member; who woll look into it again for you.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

You may find you have been listening to your favourite playlists to much which is not allowed --- see below response i gotten

Hey there,

We're writing to let you know that your Spotify account has been disabled because we have detected unusually high streaming activity on the account. 

This means that one or more individual tracks or artist have been streamed an unusually large number of times. If you believe that this has happened in error, please reply to us again explaining the nature of the error, and it will be investigated further.

Any paid subscription has been cancelled.

doughonabach - Looks like we replied a couple of hours ago. We can't sort anything like this out over the Community, I'm afraid. If you have any more questions, please reply to the email we sent.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Sam, I'll try email again. Thanks.

Suggested posts