Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Compromised (AKA "Hacked")

Solved!

Account Compromised (AKA "Hacked")

I am a spotify premium user and for the second time in 6 months I am seeing strange behaviour on my account. My password is changed and I am forced to retrieve it by email, music that i do not listen to is added to my playlist, strange genre suggestions appear from spotify and also there are songs in my play history that I have not heard. Of course I#ve changed  my password already a couple of times and alway use "strong" passwords (at least 8 characters long, and a mix of upper/ lowercase letters and numbers). However the fact that this is the second time in 6 months that this has happened to me leaves me a vage uncomfortable feeling around my account security.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @dorphalsig

I'm sorry to hear about this!

Please read and follow the steps described in this article. This will help you get rid of that someone on your account. 🙂

Hoping that helps!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @dorphalsig

I'm sorry to hear about this!

Please read and follow the steps described in this article. This will help you get rid of that someone on your account. 🙂

Hoping that helps!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello @dorphalsig! If you're looking for a way to make sure your password is strong, I reccomend using a password generator like this one and a password manager like Lastpass to remember it. The more characters in a password, the better. I hope this can help ease your concerns!

Suggested posts