Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Compromised, Waiting One Week For Customer Support

Solved!

Account Compromised, Waiting One Week For Customer Support

Hello,

I submitted a support ticket to Spotify about 1 week ago now (spotify username: lsalminen, support ticket: ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0PZETW:ref) regarding the fact that my account was compromised, email address on file changed, and billing period changed from monthly to yearly.

I was charged $119 for the yearly subscription, which I do not want.

I have been waiting a week now for a response from CS, and my account is locked. So, now I've paid for a service that you have locked me out of.

I would really appreciate a timely reply from customer service. A week wait time for an email response is not acceptable customer service. At this point, I would like my account closed completely and my yearly subscription refunded.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I can now reveal that someone will get back to you 'soon' 🙂

Soon is very soon, as it is currently being looked into 😉

*I just know these things*

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I am assuming you have checked your spam folder?

How did you submit the support ticket? They would've emailed the response to the email address attatched to the account if you were logged in.

Do you have a case number? 

Yes, I've been diligently checking my spam folders.

The email address on my account (spotify username: lsalminen) was changed by whomever is accessing my account (the new email adderss on file ends in @live.se), so I hope that support is not replying to that email address.

Below is the initial reply I received from Spotify CS:

Hi there,

Thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear that this has happened to you while using Spotify. We will do our best to assist you.

We have been looking into your case and will investigate this further. We have taken the precaution to block all users from accessing your account while we are investigating.
In order for us to verify that you are the rightful owner, can you please provide us with following details:

- The first receipt you've got from us when you signed up for Premium
- Your PayPal ‘Billing Agreement’*

* To locate your Paypal billing agreement simply follow these steps:
1. Log in to your account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click ‘History’ near the top of the page.
3. Select Spotify Finance Ltd. and you'll see the Billing Agreement ID on the next page

Once we have the above information, we will proceed with the case at hand. In the meantime, we strongly suggest changing the password to your e-mail address.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Joe

Spotify Customer Service - Cambridge

Follow our customer service team @spotifycares for all things Spotify
ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0PZETW:ref

I replied to this email with all pertinent information requested within 10 minutes of receiving this email. 

I followed up again on 6/1, with no reply.

I'll escalate it to a member of the community staff then. Unfortunately, to do that I need the case number. You should have received an automated response when you submitted the ticket - this automated email should contain the case number 🙂

I did not receive any automated reply from Spotify.

The only email I received from Spotify regarding this issue is the one email I pasted into my previous reply (from Joe @ Cambridge CS).

I received a reference number: ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0PZETW:ref at the end of that email.

I originally emailed premium@spotify.com with this message:

Hello-

My account has been compromised. The email address for my account is not my email address, and my password has been changed.

As a result, my billing cycle changed from monthly to yearly, which I did not authorize.

If you can please reverse the yearly cycle charge on my account, revert me to a monthly billing cycle, change my account's email address and password I would greatly appreciate it.

ORDER ID in question: 

XXXXXXXXXXX

Spotify Account Username:
lsalminen

Thank you,

Lee Salminen

No automated reply to that email, just an email from Joe @ Cambridge CS

No matter - I don't believe you get an automated response when you email direct.

Marked as solution

I can now reveal that someone will get back to you 'soon' 🙂

Soon is very soon, as it is currently being looked into 😉

*I just know these things*

Hi Liam-

Thanks so much for your help! I did receive a reply from CS, and all has been sorted out.

Have a great day, and thanks again! 

Lee

@lsalminen wrote:

Hi Liam-

Thanks so much for your help! I did receive a reply from CS, and all has been sorted out.

Have a great day, and thanks again! 

Lee

No worries, I'm not actually here to help, but I enjoy it so I do 🙂

Suggested posts