Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Compromised

Account Compromised

Hi,

So I'm after some advice really - it would appear that my Spotify account has been hacked looking at some changes which have happened recently.

Alarm bells started ringing when I was logged out of my PC player as I was logged in to too many devices apparently. I thought nothing of it at the time and thought it might have been a caching issue or something - no idea really, anyway!

In the last few days, some of my starred tracks have completely disappeared, and some strange hip-hop related playlists have either been created or followed. Hip-hop isn't my scene at all. They've also added the entire back catalogue from Slipknot to my library too - looks like it happened 2 weeks ago.

Whoever has accessed my account is also clearly a fan of Cheryl and Karaoke songs! I've personally never listened to any of the songs in my current Top List.

Ayway, I've changed my password and kicked all devices from my account. Is there anything else I can do to try and stop unauthorised access?

Capture.PNG
1 Reply

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and help you with this

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts