Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Disappeared, and billed 7 times in one day.

Account Disappeared, and billed 7 times in one day.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 8, Macbook Pro)

Operating System

(whatever the latest is)

My Question or Issue

My Spotify account that I've had for at least 5 years stopped working on 11/25 - it was working fine up to 11/24. I cannot login. When I try to log in through my phone, and do a password reset, the link provided expires immediately. I've tried at least 5 times. When try to reset my password on desktop, it says there is no active account for either my email or username.

Note that I had to create an all new Spotify account just to access this help forum as you get no help unless your account works. Which makes it quite frustrating to try to get help when your account stops working. 

According to my CC records I am typically billed $9.99 on the 2nd of each month. However, on 11/25/19 my records show that Spotify successfully billed by CC seven times for $9.99 each.

I don't know the best way to tell you which account other than take the email address associated with this account and swap out "help" for "david" and that's the email of the account that stopped working and yet was billed 7 times yesterday.

I would like to get my account back and all unnecessary charges reversed. Please let me know what I need to do.

spotify.jpg
7 Replies

Hey @dabeed 

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

If you didn't get any email receipt for all those charges, sometimes the amount gets 'on hold' even if the charge doesn't go through. Normally the amount gets back to your bank account a day or two later.

In any case, if you contact support from your account, the support reply may probably go to an email you don't have access to.

Log out of the Spotify website in your browser and fill out this contact form. Someone from Spotify will be happy to help you out.

Make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account in your browser when using the contact form or the username and custom email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

You should get a reply within 24-48 hours.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks!

The username that appears on the receipt is the same one that the reset password function says does not exist. As I mentioned, that happens with both the username and email address - it says there is no account for the username, and there is no account for the email address.

The charges have been successfully going through for at least 5 years, according to my CC statements (including the 7 that occurred on 11/25). I use spotify premium every day and have had no problems till 11/25/19.

The email address I use in the same email I've had since 1999. I don't have any other email addresses that have been canceled within the last 20 years - so I do have access to that address (and still get emails from Spotify all the time).

I was able to submit that contact form you mention so I'll wait to hear back from them. I was a little concerned about whether it went through, though, as I didn't get any sort of email confirmation that it had been received. I'll wait a couple days and contact via Twitter/Facebook if I don't hear back.

This has been resolved. 

Evidently someone called to say they had not signed up for Spotify and wanted their money back, and it got confused with my account somehow. My account got deactivated rather than the account of the person who called.

And all those "charges" I saw on my CC statement were actually refunds (I had read it wrong). 

My account is working fine again.

Glad to hear that got cleared up.

But you can be absolutely sure that nobody called Spotify. They don't offer phone support. And in one official document that has been filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, Spotify actually wrote "We do not have a telephone number." You can't make this stuff up. You won't find a phone number anywhere on the Spotify website, or anywhere else, for that matter.

It is possible that someone called their bank to dispute a charge from Spotify on their credit card.

Hey there @dabeed,

Thanks for getting back to us and stating this has been resolved! We're happy to hear that everything is working fine now and that you can enjoy Premium on your account:) 

If there's anything else we can help with, let us know and we'll jump in! 

Have a nice day 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Who did you contact to get this resolved? The same thing has happened to my account. It has COMPLETELY disappeared, in spite of active billing, and I cannot even log in because Spotify reports NO RECORD of my account. 

KossB: I should have said "contacted" rather than "called".

LindsayHotm:  I used this form to contact Spotify while not logged in:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/

They got back to me the next day and my account started working again. However, I did need to resign up for premium as when they re-enabled my account it was as just the free account.

Suggested posts