Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Hacked and premium family subscription set up

Account Hacked and premium family subscription set up

My account was evidently hacked and they were allowed to add the family subscription to it without my authorisation. How can you prevent this from happening in future and how to I put my subscription back to just premium? I have changed my password but nervous that they have been able to unilaterally do this without any alert to me at all. Please assist. There were five people added but I deleted two prior to screen shorting but these are the other unknown users. Thank you
IMG_0549.PNG
6 Replies

Hey @Betsylancaster! Welcome to the community!

That's not alright! Spotify Support can help you with this. They'll take a look backstage and make sure everything is safe and sound. You can contact them using this form or DM them at @SpotifyCares. Let me know if you need anything else.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi! I had the exact same thing happened to me. My subscription was changed to familt from premium without me knowing about this. Also there were some weird people added to this ”family” of mine.

I already changed my password and kicked these people out. 

0417AACA-E14A-4EA9-B418-4D7D05C99B4F.png

Hey @Tabis! Thanks for letting me know about this!

That's not cool! Spotify might be able to take a look backstage and make sure everything is safe and sound. You can contact them using this form or DM them at @SpotifyCares. Let me know if you need anything else.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Sadly this is an ongoin issues and not solved by Spotify yet. My premium account family plan also got hijacked exactly like this. Now, I have changed my password, but my wife still cannot access her account, she's still in free access not premium despite me still paying full 😞

The same thing happened to me! It’s still going on.

Hey folks! Thanks for reporting this!

It sounds like someone might be using your account. I recommend following the steps from this article, could you give them a shot? Let me know how you get on.

Thanks and have an awesome weekend! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Suggested posts