Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Hacked, they deleted all my playlists which took years to create

Account Hacked, they deleted all my playlists which took years to create

Hi!

As said in description, my account was hacked by somebody, I noticed right away because they immediately started listening to music that wasn't mine and I had to keep fighting to play music on my own device.
After the person not giving up I signed in on my laptop, changed my password and then chose to log out all devices.

This nipped it in the bud, but in that process, the person maliciously deleted all of my playlists. Some were very sentimental and I have been a paid user for years and years, so all my efforts in gathering beautiful songs have vanished.

This is quite upsetting and it is like somebody has stolen a photo album, I can't remember the names of all of the thousands of songs I had on there.

As somebody felt in a previous thread with something similar, being a paid user for years, it feels / is an act of theft.

Is there a back up on your systems where you can bring back my old playlists? This is my last resort.

Also, can anything be done to punish the person, because it came up the name 'Dylan' and playing on 'Di Sergios iPhone' - I have no friends called this so it isn't that I have forgotten about being logged in somewhere.
And for the person to delete ALL of my playlists, is just malicious and strange.

Please help me Spotify!
2 Replies

That doesn't sound cool. In this case, we'd recommend you get in touch with us via this contact form.

Give us a shout, we'll be happy to help you with your account. 

While CS helps you recover your account and make it safe again, you might find it interesting to know that anyone can recover their own playlists at any time. Have a look at this page.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts