Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Hacked

Account Hacked

My account was hacked and the email was changed. Spotify apparently doesn't believe in maintaining a support staff, so I'm turning to the community for help. I have a year's worth of premium on this account, so this would be an upsetting enough issue to cause me to permanently leave spotify if it is not resolved (probably by a private individual, and not one who is paid to resolve such issues, since Spotify is so sh*tty in this department.) Thanks 

5 Replies

Hi,

We would really be happy to help but clearly there is nothing we can do about this thing. We aren't hackers. Only contacting directly to Spotify about this issue would help you resolve it.

Hope you get your account back.

Have a nice day!

Fair enough. It just seems like poor form for such a large company to have zilch in the way of support. Like I would even take an outsourced call center at this point. In any case, why haven't they set up 2-step authorization like every other modern service? Whatever, back to thepiratebay Thanks spotify, for the 3 months of service for $100, what a deal!

I am really sorry about this issue of yours and I keep watching users everyday complaining about this.

You are absolutetly right about 2FA being added to spotify as well.

But I have some words to you and all of those who keep losing their account, "USE STRONGER PASSWORDS!"

Edit: Change them often, don't stick to the same one always.

Yea, it was an old aol account that I used for this spotify account, so that IS my bad. I changed all that info immediately. Still, I'd like to have access to a human being who works for Spotify support staff. Like, 2000+ employees and you can't pay some guy a sh*t salary to deal with p*ssed off people like me? (lol)

Yeah but the only way to contact them is using that form and the Community here. 

We try our best to help people as better as we can but it won't work always.

Hopefully they will make some changes.

Suggested posts