Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Hacked

Account Hacked

Plan: Premium for Family

Device

iPhone XR and iPhone 6

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) 

My Question or Issue

My first topic got marked as spma. Hmmm...

It appears as though my account got hacked last Saturday. I see logins from 3 Android Devices and a Windows Phone that I don't recognize. Earliest was 12/15 (Windows Phone), the last ones were at 12/17 (today).

Saturday evening (12/15), I saw a song I didn't recognize playing and I thought it odd, but didn't look into it. This morning (12/17 at 7:20am Central), someone named Alisson was listening on her phone via my account. She kept trying to take it over, so I played the song "F**k You" and the song "Thief" and she got the message and logged off.

After that I logged onto Spotify and found there was a new user added to my family plan:

Mayk Kayn

*snip*

I have removed this person from my account and enabled passwords for mobile devices as a precaution, but would like to know how the user got there in the first place, as I have not added or authorized any users in a long time. You might have a flaw in your system. How would a user get themselves invited to my family plan without my knowledge?

Thanks.

Screen Shot Mayk Kayn.png
1 Reply

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts