Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I woke up one morning to find almost all of my playlists had been deleted (which I have thankfully recovered) and also found that there were new artist playlists that I was now following ("This is Fifth Harmony", "This is Rihanna" etc.). I did not do this so I am beginning to think that it is quite likely that someone else has access to my Spotify account. I have unfollowed these playlists and recovered my own playlists but I have discovered that the same paylists are followed and some of my playlists have been deleted, again.

Furthermore, occasionaly when I am listening to my music, the song will change randomly to a song I have never heard before (specifically songs from "Orman Kanunlari" an album by Ben Fero... wierdly it is always songs from this album) and a pop up message in Spotify reads "Listening on A1" with a graphic of a tablet. I am given the choice of either to "Continue" or "Listen on this device" (my Samsung Galaxy S9). When I hit "Listen on this device" it jumps back to Ben Fero. 

I have no idea what is causing this but it is extremely frustrating having to recover playlists, unfollow random playlists and not being able to listen to music without it being interrupted by Turkish Rap. I have reset my password in the meantime. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2 Replies

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Have a great day! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sounds like your account has indeed been hacked by someone. Resetting your password is a sure fix, also consider changing your email's password too.

Suggested posts