Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Hacked

Account Hacked

Yesterday my spotify account was hacked. I had to create a new account to even make this post.

I cannot reset my password because my email address was completely taken off that account and I am paying for family premium on that account.

I have tried filling out the form to receive help from support and have even tweeted/msged support. The twitter account messaged me back saying I will get an email shortly about the issue. I did not receive an email after hours so messaged them again. They replied with the same message and still have not received anything. I have even messaged them a screenshot of the email being changed. I have not received a reply since nor have had any help with this issue.

What frustrates me more than not getting any  help with this issue is that my Discord is connected to my spotify so I can see that the person that hacked my account is currently listening to music on it. 

Now, I am not asking for my account back, I am asking that spotify cancels my subscription for me and deletes the account so I never have to go through this awful customer support again.

6 Replies

Hi there! @joshchong1 

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

Hey @joshchong1, and welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

Could you try checking your spam folder to see if the Customer support email ended up in there? If that doesn’t help, try searching for "Spotify Case". Also, please make sure that you’re checking the email address they registered for Spotify with. 

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My premium account was hacked and they changed my email and password. I only have acces via Facebook and I cannot reset the email or password any more.

HELP!!

Hey @benperrysj 

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

This is not helpful as the email associated with my account has been changed as well as the password, so the Spotify support team will be reaching out to the hacker via the new email address.

Hey @benperrysj.

Thanks for the reply! This makes a lot of sense now. In that case, For this particular case, I would encourage you to reach out to support through the anonymous contact form. So long as you are entirely logged out of Spotify.com (alternatively, you can access the form through an incognito window/private browsing) the form will allow you to use an email of your choosing for correspondence. Please ensure that this is an email that has not been compromised and that you still have access to it.

If you would prefer to not use the contact form, or require an alternative means of contact, you can always reach out to @SpotifyCares on twitter, or the Spotify Cares Facebook page.

I hope this helps, and have a great day! 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts